1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Palms Shuttle from the Strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Steve in RI., Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be arriving in LV 3 weeks from today! I have a LVA membership and was thinking about making the trip over to The Palms for some VP and using the 50% off coupon. I read somewhere that there was a shuttle from the strip at some point but can't remember where it left from? It doesn't look like its in easy walking distance from Rio where I can get a shuttle. If the cab ride will be more than 25 dollars round trip from Ballys, its not worth it to me.

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is in walking distance from Rio. About 1200' or quarter mile looking at it on google maps satellite view. It's like walking from the Flamingo to PHo.

3. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can definitely walk it to the Palms and the Rio has a shuttle to the strip, which you could then pickup the shuttle to the Gold Coast and walk across the street to the Palms.

4. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are planning to visit the palms I would suggest you go to slotplay coupons.com and get get fifty bucks of slot play for twenty five bucks or forty bucks for twenty five if you have a players card already.

the best part is if there are 2 of you then you can both get a coupon.

on topic I agree that the gold coast shuttle is great to get to the palms.

5. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool! I didn't realize there was a shuttle from Gold Coast to the Palms. That's another place I haven't been to that I might want to check out. Where does the Gold Coast shuttle pick up from?

6. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's not a shuttle from the Gold Coast to Palms. The two are within walking distance. Get the shuttle to Gold Coast on the side of Bally's.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I've walked it many a time and it is not a bad loop. Maybe a mile or so each way.

8. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for clarifying that Candy Apple. With Bill's being closed, is the shuttle to Gold Coast still running? I heard it runs to the Orleans from there. That's another place I've never been. The newer upscale places on the strip are not my cup of tea, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of the locals places.

9. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You also have the option of taking the CAT bus to the Gold Coast. You pick it up at Caesars on Flamingo and it runs approximately every 20 minutes, 24/7. Get off, cross to the Palms, and catch the bus back from there.(2.00)

Jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.