1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

helicopter rides to Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by hrt4girls, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are considering doing a helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon when we are in Vegas for a few days in April. I am looking for advice on this. We would prefer to fly from Mc Carren so that we fly near the strip on the way back. Have checked out prices and it looks like it will be about $800 for the 2 of us. We are probably only going to do this once, so we want to be left with "what I would do next time" issues.

If you can recommend booking companies or where to find good deals, that would be great. We won't have a car, so hotel pickup would be appreciated. (We are staying at MGMGrand.) Suggestions about the best time of the day would be good too.

I know we will only be seeing the west rim and not the national park section of the canyon. Yes, I have read the reviews about this being a tourist trap thing. I just think this would be a memorable experience as part of a birthday trip celebration.

Are we better booking before we leave home or waiting until we arrive in Vegas and looking for coupons or using the concierge?

2. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we did the Grand Canyon 3 years ago we booked through the concierge, we used Maverick helicopter tours they were very good and we did the landing in the Canyon which was great.

I would recommend them, worth checking out their website and see what you think.

3. Brensan

Brensan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also recommend Maverick. We did the twilight trip a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. The only thing I was dissappointed with was the "strip view" on the way back - wasn't much different than flying in a regular airplane at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.