1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont St Entertainment - Favorite

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by romstric, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romstric

romstric Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last December, my wife and I lucked up and caught one of the bands on the stage closest to the D as we came back from El Cortez. The band's name is Yellow Brick Road (YBR). They play classic rock and do a great job on songs I've never heard another party band play. They play on Thursday starting at 7 PM. If you can, go see them. If you like good rock & roll, you will enjoy. I'll be back in early March and I won't miss a minute of their show.

What is your favorite band/act to watch on Fremont Street? What style of music do they play?

2. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DJ Lady GoGo.
    My crew can stand there and watch her dance for an hour, and the Budweiser is cheap at the store about 20 steps away. Can't beat it. LOL.
    Never seen a gal that could dance like that.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I know I going to be ridiculed, but I enjoy standing there and listening to the sax player.

He's been there at least 10 years and anytime I'm on Fremont, I have to stand and listen. No, I haven't bought a CD yet, but I might some day. The guy is good!

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite was Queen Nation. They played the weekend that they debut the We Will Rock You show on the canopy. Second favorite was the show right outside Mermaids that was set up like Hollywood Squares, with a DJ and all different types of music, mostly 80's. I think it was 2 summers ago. I watched that show all that summer everytime I was in town, over and over.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YBr is pretty decent.

there is an ensemble that plays in summer that is great. They will play all sorts of say 80's songs and they all take turns singing and dancing and what not, quite a good show and i have seen them a number of times. Dont know the name though.

The best side band i have seen hands down is The Brothers.

they played old school rock and roll music and some original stuff. sort of an allman brothers type thing. They were outstanding and i would pay to see them again.

they are the olny band i stayed and watched not just on whole set but the next one as well.

The other thing that was awesome is the guys on the little motorcycles in the sphere of death or whatever they call it. motorcycle noise, smoke, smells, right there in your face, great show. Seen it before many times but not that close. very cool when drunk.

6. Boomer

Boomer Tourist

The sax player is Carl Farris and he is fantastic. He is outside the Golden Nugget and starts at 7PM and plays in between the Freemont Street Experiance Show until the last show. We stop to see him every year and have 3 of his CDs and enjoy the music all year long until our next rip. Being a sax player also I know how hard some of the notes he hits and how long he holds them is unbelievable. If you go to LV and don't stop to see Carl then you have missed a Vegas great.

7. mrbadger12

mrbadger12 Tourist

This maybe a dumb question but here we ask--Its been a few years since I been downtown and Vegas( I'm over due--big time) anyhow, we would go downtown for a few hours each trip. I don't remember if there is actually a place to sit and watch some of these shows?? I can't stand for long periods. Anyone can help me please?:beer:

8. romstric

romstric Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are numerous bars on Fremont Street where you can sit and watch performers. Even Starbucks at the Golden Nugget has an outside area where I sit and see the show and people watch (you don't need to purchase anything), just find a seat. You may not have the best view if you are on street level but the Golden Nugget has a second story bar with great outside seating and views.

9. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably your best bet for seating to watch a band downtown is the Whiskey Licker Bar at Binions. They have patio seating rightt at the corner of the First St stage.

10. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Yellow Brick Road is good. They used to play Boulder Station on Friday Nights.

11. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without my camera I stumbled on two guys playing Led Zep on skinny electric cello's last December. Man they were good and I will be looking for them again.

"there is an ensemble that plays in summer that is great. They will play all sorts of say 80's songs and they all take turns singing and dancing and what not, quite a good show and i have seen them a number of times. Dont know the name though."

Rock Candy Sticky Sweet maybe? They're a Co-ed band that did small skits between songs when I caught them. They have some YouTube videos.

I've altered my next few Vegas trips to include a Thursday night to catch YBR.

Attached to The D is a small VIP box right next to the 3rd St Stage. They may let people sit there. It's been empty anytime I'm there. You have to enter it from inside The D.

12. smrtypnts

smrtypnts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time does the overhead Freemont street experience begin each evening in late May/early June?

13. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always find the schedules here:

http://vegasexperience.com/

14. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    safe sax, safe sax.

can't get enough of it.

15. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone heard about the 2013 Fremont Street Concert Series theme or any signed acts?

They usually announce their theme in March and role out the official band list in April. I haven't seen anything yet but I am anxious to hear about this year's theme. I'll be in town the last two weekends in August.

If they go chronologically, it will be the Summer of 90s. I liked the 70s (Cover bands) and 80s bands (ABC & Cover Bands) I heard in recent summers.

Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Foo Fighters and The Cranberries would be a cool band list for the decade. We'll likely settle for cover bands or lesser followed bands.

16. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget the awesome Summer of 69 that started this series. Well-planned, well played, and unsurpassed. They still drag out the hippie bus and Partridge Family bus from time to time and play the 60s video in their rotation.

17. Firehawk

Firehawk Semi-Amateurish Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy is amazing. Heard him on my first trip and have had to stop and listen both times I've been back. I'll be sure to stop again this go round. Guy is an amazing musician. Of course we had a guy in our group the first year we were there get put in the North Tower of the 4 Queens his window was RIGHT at the Viva Vision Screen level. He hasnt been able to listen to a saxaphone since. HAHA. On my last trip i bought him the cd so he could always be reminded how much he hated his room. (Serves him right for always wanting to have his own room). :thumbsup:

18. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    x2 on DJ Lady GoGo!!! The chick moves well!!! My camera lovers her!!! :D:thumbsup:

xman30

19. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I swear it's a man in drag.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b7lj-b-Ou-I?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What makes you say that?

xman30

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.