$20 Mirage

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Erich17, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am staying in the Tower Suite at Mirage Mid February for 1 night then booked the other 2 nights in a regular room. Do you think it is possible to use the trick and try to keep the suite all 3 nights? Thur-Sunday? Would that be asking to much?

2. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked at Mirage for a Sun-Thu in June in a Tower King room. What are the chances that I get bumped? I'd feel like it was a failure if I just get a floor upgrade, I'm shooting for an actual upgrade of the room. Is the Mirage Suite attainable or should I just not even bother?

3. jegbomb52

jegbomb52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    based on previous experiences and market research your chances for success are 41%...

4. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the $20 trick at Mirage to try and keep a Tower Suite the entire 3 nights we were there instead of just the 1 night we had it booked and it worked like a charm! Girl knew exactly what I was doing made a couple of calls and bam boom we had the room.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent to hear!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the success on that will be directly porportional to the number of MyVegas players comming in behind you..lol.

7. dagenham-dave

dagenham-dave Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 trick worked like a charm at The Mirage for our stay these past few days. Upgraded from a Deluxe King to a Tower Deluxe King. Having stayed in a standard room at The Mirage before I'd not hesitate to even pay for the upgrade considering you get double the bathroom space, which is nice when travelling with a partner who takes 30 plus minutes to get ready to hit the town!

8. kathski

kathski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host booked us in at the Mirage, but didn't tell us what type of room we have. Is it worth it to try the $20 trick or just see what he gave us first and then try?

9. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying this at Mirage on Wed. Was successful last year at Harrah's hope the luck repeats and since it is a Fri check out hopefully should work. I have Flamingo booked Fri/Sat night Fax Lux. if Mirage works i'll try the Flamingo

10. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful with doing the $20 trick on a comped stay. If your hoping to get food/beverage comped at the end, you need to have played to cover the cost of the upgraded room versus what was booked by your host.

11. kathski

kathski Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am leaving for Las Vegas next Tuesday and will arrive to the Mirage about 930 pm. I plan on trying the $20 trick. I have a standard queen room booked. I did it last June and was successful getting a strip view room on the 24th floor. I plan on asking for that again. Want to make sure others think I can't get anything more than that. Thanks.

13. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're arriving on a Tuesday, I would ask for a Tower Room with a strip view.

14. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms on the 24th floor of the Mirage are better than the regular deluxe rooms, too. The 24th floor tower deluxe rooms have a bigger bathroom that has two sinks and a vanity as opposed to the regular rooms that have a small bathroom with just one sink.

15. jd2874

jd2874 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the Mirage June 5th and 6th by way of MyVegas LP's. I am booked for a king Resort guest Room. I was wondering if the $20 trick would be wise here in order to get a better room? Not sure where the Resort rooms are located, but I would like to be away from any noise. Thanks for any suggestions.

16. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The resort room at Mirage is the standard room -- so they have them all over the place. I've never had a noise problem at Mirage, but even without $20 you can ask for something away from the elevator and they will almost certainly accomodate you. It's the same room, so you're really only talking location, and if sound is more important than view, there are tons of rooms that meet what you like.

If you want an upgrade at Mirage, the room one step up from what you have is the Tower Deluxe -- high floor, bigger bathroom. Will be tougher to get, so this is where your $20 trick would come in.

17. jd2874

jd2874 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mike! We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

18. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Tower Deluxe rooms have been renamed to Resort Tower rooms (no idea why.)

Depending on the length of your stay and the day you check in, an upgrade from a regular Resort room to a Resort Tower room is a fairly simple upgrade These rooms are on the highest floors, 24 and above, and are relatively quiet from outside noise. I always ask nicely when I stay at Mirage to get bumped up to these types of room and have received them a couple of times with not much trouble.

19. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, whatever they call them, the key is the floor -- 24th and 25th I think.

20. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is correct advice....if I were you, since you have a host I'd call him or her back and just ask if they can get you a tower room. It's not that big of an upgrade ($$) that they can't do it for you. The tip/trick or whatever you want to call it is really a better process for the paying guest IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
Tags: