1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo from Airport??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chanel3, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanel3

chanel3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be in Vegas for my 30th bday and i wanted to get a limo from the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on limo company that wont kill my pockets??? Thanks

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presidential limo.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't pre-book it. Unless you really want that guy standing there with a sign with your name on it. If you just go to the limo area, you can hire one right at the airport, then you can get it for an hour from when you show up, which gives you time to cruise around if you want.

4. lmchls

lmchls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is it cheaper if you don't prebook it?

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know that it's cheaper. But if you prehire, you're going to be looking at $60+ just for the pickup and ride to your hotel. The time he's waiting counts as your time, I'm pretty sure.

If you hire at the airport you can do an hourly rate, so you could cruise down the strip, or stop at a store, or something like that for the same price.

6. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Presidential and the service was excellent. I was really impressed. Ride came with a bottle of cheap champagne and that was fun to crack open and get the party started. I only booked it for an hour but that was plenty of time to hit the liquor store, and drop people off at two different hotels.

7. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use presidebtial and they are great. Get the super stretch, it's worth it for the extra room. The cheap champagne is great to get the party started, ask them to stop at vega sign or cruise the strip. It's the best money I spend every time I go.

8. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a bit disppointed last time I used presidental. The pick up guy was not friendly and actually TUNNELED me. I was really tired and trying to find some papers for the hotel before I noticed where he was going until it was too late. The jerk even said he'd drop me off at the back entrance, he thought it would be closer to the front desk. It is not closer, it's just easier for him to get in/out.

I didn't complain because the guy on the ride back to the airport was fabulous and I just wanted to forget the ride there. He really made up for it.

Luckily my next trip had an offer from the Mirage includes the free limo ride so I don't have to worry about it.

9. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is too bad about the bad service you got. I had never gotten a limo before and Presidential blew me away with how great their service was. My driver was just great.

10. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VIP Limos without a shadow of a doubt.:thumbsup:

Highly recommended

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not sure where you were headed, but for some hotels, taking the tunnel might be good. It is more miles, but much easier. You avoid all the stop and go traffic, which for some of us is a drag after a long flight. Your cost is the same.

12. chanel3

chanel3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok thanks for all the suggestions!!!

13. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked with Presidential 8 or 10 times.

A couple of times I've picked up a Limo at the airport, it ends up being $42 for a sedan plus $10 or $20 tip - which is about what I pay Presidential.

Here's the thing though, last time, I arrived at Terminal 3 10:30pm on a Sat night and there were no limos to be found.

I couldn't even find a limo company employee right away - once I did find him, he had to radio for a car.

I ended up standing around for about 20-25 minutes which is not the way you want to start your Vegas vacation.

So next time, just booking them ahead.

14. isumills

isumills Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, will be arriving in Vegas Thursday around 3:30. Looking to just get a limo from the airport without pre booking. Does anyone think our party will have any problems with getting one on the spot or will they be fairly busy?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

15. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably no problem, especially if you are arriving in Terminal 1.

16. thebig0

thebig0 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travel to LV 1/2 times a year and have used Presidential the past six trips. They have a special $103 round trip. Tip $20 each way. Always nice to see your name as you glide down the elevator. They will stop anywhere you like, liquor store, Welcome LV sign, etc. Always professional and generally call your cell when they arrive. Always on time. Beats the hassle of being tunnelled and handing your bags to the Bellagio bell guys as you come and go to/from the limo is a bonus. LOL

17. chanel3

chanel3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you recommend vip over presidential?

18. big1ed

big1ed Tourist

chuckle

I thought this limo was reserved for a guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue...

19. thedukeofdublin

thedukeofdublin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've never used presidential so I'm not sure what they are like but have heard good stories too.

Either or & I'd imagine you'll be fine.

20. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also call your hotel and ask what they would charge for limo pick up.They can put it on your hotel bill.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.