1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me get a deal at Flamingo - please

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by DonnyC, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,

Going to the Flamingo From Thursday May 16-May 20 (4 nights).

I have a total rewards card but I am not getting any comped rooms and only small discounts. My total for those 4 nights in a fab room is $266 (if you check the rates now they are higher but I booked a while ago when the rates were lower).

I have already used a second person's total reward card (my brother's, as he is coming) to get the 'best rate'. Any better rate available for my dates?

Thanks

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're not getting better through the club I doubt you'll get it.

Thats over a weekend (and from the look of things a busy one). If you search without a players card # at all as of right now, you'd be talking something like $690 for those 4 nights, and remember that is with CET having a current 25% sale going.

Pity you didn't get comp for your nights, but it seems to me you have a decent rate.

I'd say just keep checking, especially in the last month and half before your trip. Sometimes they get cancellations or fewer reservations than expected, and their rates drop.

3. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Other than being the long weekend, why is it such a busy weekend?

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May is always busy just because its May, let alone the events/conventions etc. Lots of things going on and lots of folks consider May weather to be perfect LV vacationing weather.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea, other than it being a weekend in high season.

The prices seem high, but they get even higher than that for the big fights/conventions.

6. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Memorial Day is on the 27th. My TR calendar is showing similar rates for the first weekend (Mexican long weekend), third weekend (Canadian long weekend) and fourth weekend (American long weekend). I guess it's a NAFTA thing.

7. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

On the positive side of things, $266 isn't a bad rate for weekend, especially compared to other major metropolitan areas. Sometimes, we get spoiled by how inexpensive Vegas normally is.
    I got the Flamingo for $20/nite, but it was during a slow weekday in December.

8. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a rate of 229.00 for four nights at the flamingo over spring break, thats also for a fab room and thats as cheap as I found. I dont have a total rewards card so I just kept looking for promo codes and checking daily cause the rates changed. Anyways I just cancelled it because we decided to go to Paris even tho it was $100.00 more cause we are going to celebrate my 40th bday and wanted something a bit nicer. I hope we dont regret it:eek:

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you finding rate codes?

10. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    smartervegas.com but that one I found at lasvegasadvisor.com. I will tell you that I havent seen the price that low since then and that was about a month ago but you never know, just keep looking and you may get lucky!!:beer:

11. wennykilson

wennykilson Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can sign up online for a TR card. It sounds ridiculous, but even with no play it can sometimes save you money. My friend saved 40% (at the Quad mind you) on Super Bowl weekend by signing up. In fact, due to my almost non-existant play, we got the same rate.

12. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be fabulous but when I tried to sign up for one because I live in the wonderful state of Illinois I cant do it online!!:grrr:

13. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i signed up online from ireland.:wink2::beer::beer:

14. dgr1973

dgr1973 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ireland is 110% better then Illinois, this state sucks big time!

15. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try offer code IFPYR

16. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using that code it is $700

17. stripview

stripview Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try their facebook page, sometimes the rates are better. Also, try different rooms under you TR card account. Sometimes different room types are cheaper. Mine said I had no offers under a certain room and I was fully comped under another type of room.

18. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the room you were comped under a higher quality room? I always start looking at the lowest category.

19. JerryD

JerryD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried to call directly? We were getting the same thing, so my Wife called and asked about discounts. They asked for both of our Total Rewards numbers and they comped us 4 of 5 nights. Albeit it was for March and not may, but it may be worth a shot... Hope this helps.

20. Laura_W

Laura_W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Illinois and can't get a TR card either.. grrr what's up with that??? If I wanted to get one before our trip I would have to go to Harrah's in Joliet. Um... no thanks. I don't like to gamble in Illinois... they eat your bankroll in like .5 seconds!
    My sister is in MI so she signed up for one. Actually have gotten better prices from codes on smartervegas than using her TR card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.