1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

American idol t.v. Show

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LucyR., Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great singers tonight

San Antonio, Texas has some great singers. Long Beach, Calif. also had some great singers too.

Meeting at the Queen Mary ship was not a good idea because traffic is really bad
    if there is traffic going towards the Carnival cruise ships located next to the Queen Mary ship.
    Mariah was late because of the traffic. The worse part about the Long Beach freeway is if a strong fog shows up and really slows down traffic and may also cause traffic accidents.

I truly enjoyed hearing some of the singers.

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good show last night.

Very surprised they put through the big African American 19 year old (that looked 27) that shrieked through the National Anthem so high and loud that it woke up my sound asleep, old cats!

I thought the female ventriloquist was amusing. Ventriloquists can be very good singers (like Terry Fator) because they have good throat control. She should bring her 18 year old friend, Oscar, to Hollywood. The other contestants would probably get a kick out of it during the long waiting periods and down time.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol show last night

I think they are allowing too many lousy singers and wierdos to get into the
    American Idol competition.

What is going to happen when they get to Hollywood..... some of the contestants will party too much and mess up. There are so many singers that can sing but they are not really serious. I don't like that because the mess up the true singers that do want to win when they get them into groups.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She sounds like a man in drag to me.

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree

When I first heard Mariah's voice I thought it was strange that her voice
    was sooo low like Alto style.It is not a sweet gal's voice.

Yes, it is strange. It could be that she could sing like a man's voice if she wanted to do that. I guess her voice can go from very low to very high.

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The group singers

It is really strange that some singers will risk being eliminated by not knowing the song the group plans to sing.

A lot of them got eliminated because they forgot the words.

It looks like Nicki M. Clown is the leader judge with great words of wisdom for the rejected singers. I like Nicki because she has the guts to reject the bad singers. I am sure there will be times when she will get upset when one of her favorite singers will be eliminated as the show progresses.

I wonder what hotel will be chosen in Vegas for the finalist for the show?

Looking at the background of last night show..... it looks like they had the auditions on the Cal-State Northridge Campus located in Northridge, Calif.
    in the San Fernando Valley. Lucy

7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the way they did this first Hollywood week show. Last year's show was awful. If you'll recall, most of the first episode showed people walking around asking, "Are you in a group?" "Are you in a group?" Then we're having our evening snack watching and they show someone throwing up. Terrible.

8. LadyRose

LadyRose High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Putting them in groups was a great idea. But why did the judges let in so many of the guys who didnt know the lyrics? I miss Simon now lol.

9. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did notice....

They did let some of the good singers mess up with the lyrics and were still
    kept on the show because they do have potential to win.

When Kelly Clarkson was on American Idol she wasn't that great of a singer until she got stronger as the show progressed and she won.

Scotty McCleery also had forgot the lyrics with his group but they let him slide because he has a great voice. He won American Idol in his season.
    I bought both of his CD's. I like his voice and I plan to keep buying his CD's.

I will be on a cruiseship next week but I still get to see American Idol on Wed. and Thurs. I get to see the show on East coast time which is at 5p.m.
    After I see the shows I go eat dinner.lol.
    I will report on the show on Friday when I get home. Lucy

10. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol is moving fast in their selections

It looks like American Idol has decided to cut out some of the drama behind the scenes. I like it better.

The judges are still doing a great job of selecting the singers.

Next week they plan to cut down the guys to 20 singers. They will start auditions with the girls. I call them girls because there will be a lot of girley
    drama going on with the gals. They don't like to lose so they will fight back
    as much as they can.

I will be laughing at the drama queens. Lucy

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And remember, next week's Hollywood show with the girls competes with the season premiere of Survivor.

Lucy, maybe you could watch one of the shows "on demand" when you come home from your cruise.

12. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SPOILERS of American Idol chosen singers

Hi Candy, thank you for reminding me of the Survivor show starting next week.

I can tape Survivor on one of my t.v. VCR's. I have three t.v.'s with DVR's.lol.

SPOILERS - AMERICAN IDOL

The forty singers have already been chosen. I have the list of all the names of the chosen singers. Lucy

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol show on Feb. 20th

I found out last night that the show is now in Vegas at the Mirage. I plan to go see the live show. I need to find out where to get tickets to watch it live.

I watched the show last night and my favorite female singer was eliminated.
    If Simon was there he would have kept her. She is the gal that had that strange
    name. I think her name was an Indian name from India. I loved her voice.
    She should change her name like movie stars do.

Niki Clown was being herself by saying some mean things to some of the singers.
    Mariah plays it safe and hardly says anything that makes sense to me.

I fell asleep during the show and woke up as the final gals were chosen.
    I hope I can find another favorite singer to root for and vote for. Lucy

14. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know how long it will be there?

15. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    free tickets to American Idol show

I was able to get on the list to see this show on march 4th. YEAH!

16. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Lucy on scoring tickets! I kinda stop watching the week after Hollywood week. I watch the auditions and then the first week in Hollywood but I stop once they start singing full songs on the shows. I tried watching this week's shows but lost interest quickly. All the girls oversang their songs trying to make runs out of every word and all picked boring slow ballads to do so with. I do like Nicki as a judge though. She's at least her own person. I noticed they leave Mariah's comments at the end after the other 3 judges have already commented. Makes it easy for her to say I agree with the others and just move on. She's learned that she can get applause from the live audience just by saying, "but you know I love you and think you're great" to the contestant. I only watched a few this week and she said that every time just because she didn't know what else to say.

17. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol Hi-lites

It took two hours just to choose 5 gals for the show. I taped the show so I was able to go fast foreward on watching the show.

Some of them were good singers and some were very professional and experienced.

Keith the judge says things that are "meh"... Nicki Clown says a lot of crazy stuff. Mariah plays it safe and says things like you look great and nice.
    Randy is not afraid to say what he really thinks about each singer.

I notice that Ryan Seacrest likes to go talk with Mariah every time the show is over. I think he just wants to be part of her friends list. She has lots of connections in the Entertainment business.

I will be in Vegas on Sunday and I might go to the show but want to sit in the
    back in case I want to leave early. I ordered two tickets. I think it was for Tues. or Weds. I will be getting the tickets soon on-line. Lucy

18. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol tickets

I got American Idol tickets for March 5 and 6th. I get to see the show twice
    at the Mirage Hotel. Lucy

19. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ameican Idol show Feb.28th

I was disappointed with the elimination of my favorite guy singer who is from Hawaii. He sang a sweet nice ballad song. He was super shocked that Nicki Clown said the song was boring. He wanted to confront her because he couldn't believe his eyes and they got sad. He knew he was singing good. But... it looks like Nicki, Randy, and Mariah are looking for a loud gospel singer type.

The African woman with the wild blond wig was standing most of the time in the audience. She is going home because she really can't sing. I guess they wanted her on the show for drama.

The guy with the speech problem was also kept for drama. He sings just okay.

The guy with the turbin on his head was singing okay. But got iliminated.

Next week they plan to show the girls first on Wed. and the guys on Thurs.
    I have show tickets for those two days. Lucy

20. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't stand that show-off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.