1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Northeast ?....Here It Comes !..The BIG One ?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

At least I'll get O.T. ( Saturday )to shovel the 12 inches predicted
    in my area.
    But it will be wet heavy snow......and Wind gusts.
    Might have to take off Monday( my B'day ! ) to recover ?
    Look out New England !...WOW !!!!....2 feet ?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be interesting. The timing could be better for me. Bathroom being renovated so Im in a motel with car parked outside and due to check out tomorrow. So cant just work from home if weather is bad.

Luckily our snow estimates aren't quite as bad as new england. 6 inches to a foot expected here apparently.

3. tkriger

tkriger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep - latest prediction is 28-36 inches where I am.

So much for my trip down to Foxwoods tomorrow.

4. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not happy. Wish I was in vegas!

5. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Hearing 2 feet here in Central Connecticut.

Already did the panic grocery buying and filled up the gas can and snowblower.

We have tickets for Saturday Night at Mohegan Sun to see Bon Jovi. My wife is such a big fan that I may need a dog sled to get us there :)

6. NickyDim

NickyDim Hockey is life

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This stinks. We have a room at Harrah's AC tomorrow night. We are traveling from eastern LI where they new totals show more than 12". It's not getting to AC that's the problem, we'd leave before the snow comes. It's the return on Saturday that's worrisome. I don't think I have a choice and will have to cancel my reservation.

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just another winter day in the NE

8. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's most likely the best idea.

Theyre not talking much snow for down here,BUT remember along with the snow conditions in NYC and LI ,this is a noreaster with heavy rain and high winds which could cause a lot of flooding in AC and the bay coming up and flooding the roads in and out of town so you could be stuck there for a while.

9. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    February in New England...fun fun NOT. Been here all my life and still hate the snow and cold. They are talking 24+ for us. Grocery stores are a cluster (%^& already. As a comic I saw yesterday said...IN NEW ENGLAND....light storm - pick up bread and milk, moderate storm- pick up 2 bread and 2 milk...severe storm - pick up a case of beer. Thats just the way we roll....some will call the storm WICKED AWESOME. Yeah, I'm a Masshole.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It shouldn't be too bad in NYC. Tomorrow will be messy getting home and I'm sure the 7 train will be delayed, as usual. I may have to cancel dinner plans tomorrow night, but no big deal. Saturday I was planning on various domestic chores, so crappy weather makes it easy to stay home. Sunday should be fine.

I still wish I was in Vegas though.

11. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Supposed to start here in central NH after midnight 12-24" is predicted but it will be hard to measure with 30 mph winds! The supermarkets and gas stations were full today and it's good people are preparing. I got my propane lanterns ready and the silverado is facing out with the plow ready to push what I can but inevitably I have to get out and shovel. go slow now cause I'm getting to be an old fart and do a little at a time. I'd rather be in LV but guess I'll have to hunker down and watch the snow. Good luck everyone!

Jimbo338

12. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That storm is just creeping into the edges of Indiana as we speak, looks like a monster, just glad its about 50 here today instead of 10, or it would be hell to pay getting to work tomm!

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all!:thumbsup:
    You're making me feel much better about our measly 7" we are in the process of getting. Heavy wet crap on top of the rain we had this morning.

Stay safe!

14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a little nippy here today so decided to wait until Saturday to play golf. :evillaugh

But seriously now (well, I was serious about golf), hope you all fare well back there!

15. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Extremely excited I was able to get a last minute flight out of Newark tonight, typing this from the airport as we speak.....was scheduled for a 9pm flight tomorrow night....:evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh....uh yeah like THAT was ever gonna happen.

At least I was proactive and beat the rush to get a decent rebook, all the business man tools are going postal screaming at the poor airline reps. Some guy is literally about ready to have a coronary cause I guess he thinks he can't get out til Monday.

BTW looks like the Red Lobster is gonna be a little understaffed tomorrow. :cry::cry:

16. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where's that 8 inches you promised me last night Bob?:evillaugh:evillaugh

17. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in North Central CT. Hope you can still make it to Bon Jovi. I'll be seeing them in Vegas in April.

I'm also hoping for everything to clear up so I can fly out of CT back to Utah on Sunday morning.

18. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in Austin now, but lived the first 25 years of my life in NH and Mass. I still remember way too well how bad these big storms can be. Hope all the New England VMB'ers hunker down and stay safe. Stock up on booze and snacks!!!

19. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It seems to happen every other year and since last year we hardly had anything everyone's been expecting it. It's supposed to be much worse north of here but it doesn't stop all the NYC pundits to talk nonstop about "stormegeddon" hitting the city. Expectations for this area are 4-8" which isn't much but I'm sure they'll dedicate 5x the coverage to the NYC area as compared to north of here where some of you guys are expecting several times as much. Like johnvic said, the biggest issue here may be some delayed trains but the media will make that sound like the biggest problem in the world just to provide 24 hour coverage.

20. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn here in MT just waiting for some good snow. Got a pair of new boards that need to see the powder. Got 2 weekends to ski before I have to get ready for LV (save bank). Let it snow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.