1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Buffet of buffets

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by MichelleH, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried the Buffet of Buffets at Harrah's and other participating hotels? Are the buffets really great? Worth the pricetag? Thanks!

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can do a little searching on the forums, there are tons of threads rating each buffet and offering little tips and tricks to get the most out of it. Concensus is typically if you are a foodie, that doesnt mind lines, doesnt mind planning on when and where to eat its a decent value. Its too much of a hassle for me, and I dont eat that much in 24 hours to worry about it.

3. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, thanks!

4. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If this question was asked a couple weeks ago, I would say yes, it is worth it. But this past weekend, when our group tried to buy the buffet of buffets, the cashier told us it would be $64.99, so $70.25 for one. Stunned, we asked why so much. She said that this is the new weekend price.

I don't think it is worth it at that price though. Cheers.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's way too expensive. Palms has a cheap, tasty buffet.

6. MichelleH

MichelleH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UGH! We're going during the week and thought it was about $48 per person w/ Total Rewards card.

7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even with a players card? The price of the Buffet of Buffets is going up faster than the price of gas. Geesh.

8. SlotChik

SlotChik Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are but all my food is comped so I couldn't give you advice on paying for it :(

9. optimator

optimator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the TR website it's still showing a weekday price of $49.99? We're getting to Vegas at around 3 pm on 3/6. Were planning on doing this our first night/next day. We figure If we wait until around 9 pm we can get 4 meals out of it. Is this a good plan?

10. hilorain

hilorain Tourist

Hi all,

We were there last month (January, 2013), and to make the most of it we went to Bachannal for dinner, then breakfast at Paris buffet, and finally, back to Bachannal for dinner. It helped that we had a $50 food credit. Probably never go back to Bachannal as we are now priced out.

In addition to the basic price that one pays for the Buffet-of-Buffets, one must pay an additional $15 each time you eat there at Bachannal - that is extra $15 per person for breakfast, extra $15 per person for lunch, extra $15 per person for dinner. There are some other buffets in the chain that DO charge the additional $15, and then, some buffets do not charge the extra fee, so you must ASK.

enjoy,
    hilorain

11. 2smooth

2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    according to the total rewards email I received today and the FAQ section:
    What is weekend pricing? When does it apply?
    A. Weekend prices are $64.99 for Total Rewards members and $69.99 for non-members. It applies starting at 11am on Fridays until 11am on Sundays. Hours of operation vary for each buffet. For further details, please call 702.862.3530.
    **Upgrade your pass to include the new Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace for as low as $15 per visit or the Village Seafood Buffet at the Rio for $10 per visit. Please see your cashier for details when purchasing your Buffet of Buffets Pass.

12. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to be doing the buffet of buffet pass.Only because it is our first time in Vegas,so i feel for us it is a must do,so I can have an opinion if its worth it or not lol. Well will be using it midweek though. Staying 2nights at caesars and then 3 nights at Harrahs. Will Do Caesars buffet probably once because of the extra money it cost,,but because it gets such great reviews we gotta try!:beer:

13. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do it once each trip and it is a good deal for us...paying with free comps. Hubby & I don't eat the same foods so we can pick & choose. We usually do it on a weekday...47.99 but this time w/try the new Caesars & pay the extra 15 also in comps. We can eat small meals - 4 of them with 2 dinners. Heck, just the coffee, juice, milk & coke with breakfast covers what we pay for that 1 meal if you divide the 48.00 by 4.

14. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you already have the buffet pass, do you pay $15 at the register at the Bachannal at Caesar's?

15. hilorain

hilorain Tourist

"If you already have the buffet pass, do you pay $15 at the register at the Bachannal at Caesar's?"

- - that is correct . . .

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.