1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mlife room upgrade

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bondy3, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    once you reach the gold level it says you get a room upgrade, is this anything worth caring about? is it the kind of upgrade were they give you a strip view vs a non strip view, or is it the kind of upgrade were you go from a $100/night room and you get a $300/night room?

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on availability but they do consider a strip view an upgrade, so if you are in a regular room, technically the upgrade would be to a regular room with a strip view. Last year I booked a Corner Suite and was upgraded to a Panoramic Corner Suite with a strip view.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some of the "upgrades" are not even noticeable. And, it is based on availability. And, not to be downer, but all those Golds, and Plats and Noirs are trying to get upgrades too.

It has happened, but generally a good day would be a "view" room. Once in a great while - a suite. Sort of like the big jackpots - somebody is gonna get lucky.

4. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally try to go off season, so that might help,

but if there is a suite available I could get it free? (assuming that it was available)

5. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, they wont do that. Like it was already pointed out they free the upgrade as a better view, or a corner room. Not from a basic room to a suite. I'm Platinum and I make 4 trips a year and I've never gotten much of anything better at check in. Its basically worthless, and just mumbo jumbo to make their players club look better. I've gotten the same type of upgrades with a wink and a smile in the past without being a higher level card holder.

6. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten upgraded to a suite before at Aria and Bellagio but I'm currently at NOIR level and even when there is availability they usually have to call a supervisor or my host and get permission.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotten the Gold upgrade at Aria and Monte Carlo every time: at Aria the upgrade was to a room with a view of The Strip, at Monte Carlo the upgrade was to a Monaco Suite.

But of note: most MLife properties will let you upgrade to a suite at check in for around $20 per night (and I don't mean the "$20 trick" but actually sell you the upgrade, though that doesn't mean the $20 trick wouldn't work)

8. BrandonR

BrandonR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read stories of people saying the time you check in will greatly impact the kind of upgrade you receive. But some people have had better luck earlier and others later... Any feedback from the timing aspect?

9. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when I checked into aria my girlfriend wanted to stay on the 51st floor (exactly the 51st floor, when we got there the room they gave us was on the 50th floor and she made a big deal about moving to 51.... they moved us to 51)

The lady at check-in said that the best time to get the floor or room type that you want to is if you check in between 11am and 1pm, because at 11am is when they have the new room availability for the day and upgrades and other room types are 1st come 1st serve.

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor the last 4 trips has upgraded us to the Luxury Suite from the Tower Deluxe we booked at and those were comped trips not paid. THEHotel has upgraded us from the stadard suite to the next level but honestly thats not truly an upgrade IMO. Far as check in goes we have done it as early as possible, we usually arrive around 9, and that has worked well regardless of property even at Christmas when Luxor was booked solid on lower level rooms.

11. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I arrive in Vegas before 11am and they can look in the computer and see exactly who is checking out that day and put a hold on the room - I leave my bags with the Bell Desk and come back to get my keys after the room is cleaned and ready. Even with that, it is still based on availability - if the type of room you want on the specific floor you want is occupied for several days by other guests, they can't toss those guests out to accomodate you.

I usually stay for about ten days, and when I want a specific floor and/or room type I have occasionally had to take a different room for the first night and then switch to the room and floor I want the next day after it becomes available. Being there for so long it is worth it to me.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.