1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife - BJ returns how many tier credits?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BLNT, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been awol from here for a period of time. Contemplating a Vegas trip and recall reading a couple of months ago on this board that earning tier credits under the new system is more difficult than it was previously. Not sure if that's actually the case or not, but does anyone have the new figures on how many TC's are earned, for ease of computation sake, with 1 hour at $100/hand ??

Not sure how "practical" it is to attempt retaining my Platinum status with just a short trip or two.

THANKS!

2. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depending on the blackjack you play at MGM resorts and your level of skill the amount of points you get will vary dramatically,

if you area playing blackjack you SHOULD be playing the DD S17 DAS games, with basic strategy (no skilled play) you will have a house edge of 0.19%, (they rate your play with a computer so they know exactly how skilled you are) generally you get about 100 hands per hour so if you are betting $100 per hand than in an hour they will expect to win about $19 per hour from you, depending on your level you will get up to 40% of that in comps,

so if your Noir (highest level) you will get about $7.50 per hour in comps for playing BJ at $100 per bet, (less if they rate your play as being skilled)

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or said another way, one bad play (and lost hand) an hour will cost you $100 of your money. This is equal to the same amount of comps you would have earned in 13.3 hours of play. That of course assumes no other bad plays.

LOL!!

4. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a bad play will cost you $100 of your money playing at black chip level? it would have to be a really REALLY bad play (like doubling on a hard 16 vs a dealer 10)

If you do that they WILL notice (the dealer generally calls out to the pit when you make a RETARDED play) this is a red flag for the staff and the eye in the sky to watch your play, (to make sure your not hole carding or cheating)

5. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    back to the OPs question, its not practical to try and hit plat status with 100/hand play in two short trips

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell, that wasn't practical even before the MLife changes. I made two short trips last year and played at almost exactly that level and finished with maybe 115,000 tier credits.

7. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input - yes, I was not as much interested in the comps earned/hr but rather the tier credits.

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well BLNT, this probably isn’t of much help, but I’ll just put it out there to maybe give you an idea in case no one else can give you better info:

I’ve played once since they reset the tier credits. It was at Mirage. I played about 45 minutes at an average of, I’d say, $200/hand. For that, I received 4605 tier credits. Of course, I didn’t ask what they rated me at, so take that with a grain of salt…I did tip very well as I won about $4K in that amount of time. So I suppose it is possible that I was over rated.

If it matters, I played on a double deck game, S17, in the HL room. I very much doubt I made any basic strategy errors. But, I did not vary my bets based on the count.

Sorry, I realize how imprecise this info is. I just thought I’d give you an idea…

9. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every little bit helps!

That would translate to about 3000 TC's/hour at $100/hand.

Good win BTW.

Thanks!

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan to document a few sessions of BJ and Craps in April when I go and figure out exactly what I was rated at and exactly how many TCs I earned. Since I'm starting with zero, it should be reasonably accurate.

I'm a math nerd that way. I really want to know the answer to the question.

11. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, for what its worth, I was just in Vegas. Didn't play BJ, but played craps and baccarat (slightly higher HA) and my host tells me I played 11 hours at an average of $385 per hand and I earned approximately 200,000 TC. At BJ, if you know you're stuff, I guess you would accumulate slightly less TC than what I did

I Need Spa
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are many other plays that are bad, but not so obvious. Happens all day at most blackjack tables with people that do not play perfect basic strategy. You know, those people with 12,13,14,15,etc and dealer has a 7.

13. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Platinum in a trip"

That's a reasonable amt. of TC's for your time/$. We're you lucky enough to win a few grand as well? :)

I need to look back through my notes (wherever they are :eek: ) to see what my earning rate was in the past. I had a couple of trips in that average bet range with a similar amount of time involved.

14. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it was a very profitable trip :cheers: Only one real bad craps session, but otherwise I think I netted a positive result from every session I played. Always makes the trip more fun!

I Need Spa
  15. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree with this if you're talking exclusively about gambling. Depending on where you're staying and where you're eating, though, then this is absolutely possible given that you earn 25 points per dollar on resort spend. My last 3-day trip netted me a little under 90k tier credits; I was gambling at a lower level (around a $75 average bet on craps), but stayed at Aria and had a couple nice dinners. The tier credits on resort spend add up quickly.

16. Bondy3

Bondy3 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a few days ago I played craps at $50-$100 per bet for 2 hours, I got 388 tier credits and 43 cents in express comps, either they dont like me or they didnt rate me.. kind of frustrating, I would like to be gold status so I can get the free room upgrade (thats the only perk I really would use)

17. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is really the only way to find out; scan your card before and after a session and see what happens. They'll never give you a straight answer as to how many credit you are earning, and attempts to figure it by the actual edge on the game you're playing don't really give the right answer, either. And tier credits and reward credits are two different animals.

As to making 'one mistake' in the session costing you $100 playing $100/hand, there are no mistakes (other than somehow folding a winning hand or intentionally busting a blackjack) that have an expected negative value of an entire bet.

18. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Apparently the original mlife pamphlet indicated an hour of blackjack at $25 would yield 550 tier credits. So that would be 22 TCs per hour per average dollar bet. Your $100 average would yield 2200 TCs per hour. I think the current rate is still somewhere around that given the numbers I've seen from others and my own play.

The mlife desk will give you your average bet and total hours played. You won't see this info scanning your card in a machine. They can even give you the statistics for a particular day. However they can't split it up for different games so it didn't help me much in figuring out the rate at different games I played. If you play just blackjack you can easily get the average bet and hours played and credits earned from the mlife desk and then calculate the rate. I played a decent amount of VP along with blackjack and they had me at an average of $208 for 10 hours but I know most of my TCs were earned in video poker playing $25 a spin. Total tier credits earned were about 240k over 4 days.

Dollar for dollar video poker earns much more tier credits than blackjack even at full-pay machines where the house edge is similar to blackjack at perfect strategy.

19. BLNT

BLNT High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play VP rarely. I have a fairly good handle on the proper plays for JOB - though any time that I play for more than 15-20 minutes I find myself zoning out. I find it hard to concentrate sitting at a machine for very long.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check what you were rated at? Are your numbers counting odds, or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.