1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MORE buffet at Luxor

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by libinatorsmom, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libinatorsmom

libinatorsmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews? was thinking of turning in my MyVegas points for 2 Buffets as we are staying at Luxor - The reviews on tripadvisor were not great - but I figure if its a free meal???? anyways would love your opinions.. we leave for Vegas on Saturday and I have about 22K in Points right now and want to utilize them to the best of our ability! Already tunred some in for the Shark Expereince at Mandalay Bay....

Thanks!!!! :peace:

2. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Are those points only for Luxor buffet? Honestly, if you could use the points for a different buffet elsewhere, I would.

When my group ate there a few years ago, we were not impressed at all. Just my opinion though. Cheers!!

3. libinatorsmom

libinatorsmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks there are several things I am just trying to find things close to the Luxor

4. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it is worth....My friends and I stayed at the Luxor for a super bowl trip a few years ago. They went to the Luxor buffet one day (I did not go) and said it wasn't very good....and they'll eat anything. We spent the rest of the trip walking next door to eat at Mandalay Bay's buffet. Everyone liked that one.

5. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used myVegas rewards for the Luxor buffet at breakfast time. It's OK and the price is right. We went in December 2012.

We have been to this buffet several times; it's best for breakfast.

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The name of that buffet kills me! Sounds almost Dickensian. "What? You want MORE???" **SLAP**

7. libinatorsmom

libinatorsmom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know - :) I hate the name lol :)

8. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in October my buddy had a two passes to this buffet. I have to say it was pretty bad as far as LV buffets go. I would use your points for something else.

9. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the buffet at Mirage, much better than Luxor or Excalibur. Maybe get the 1 person pass, and consider it half price?

10. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MORE is very, VERY hit and miss we have never eaten dinner there but for breakfast or lunch my advice is get there early in the shift, the worst time we ever had was at breakfast when we waited till 10 to eat they were in the process of making the change from breakfast to lunch and the breakfast part was BAD.

11. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Luxor buffet was my 1st Vegas buffet 9 years ago. It almost broke me of the whole buffet thing, it was nasty.

12. Kailua Beach Bum

Kailua Beach Bum Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More?? Not really!

The buffet at the Luxor will disappoint. Your best bet is next door at the MB's Bayside Buffet...more choices, much better quality, nice ambiance, better service. A step up would be at Caesars, Wynn, Rio, Venitian....Yelp has been very helpful in giving a variety of opinions.

Good luck!

13. dalej42

dalej42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do the buffet for breakfast. It's hard to screw up breakfast and they have strong coffee. I've been there about 5 times and had no problems with their breakfast food. If you're Mlife Pearl or higher, remember to use the VIP entrance.

14. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless things have gotten better over the last few years, I would skip it. I went there the last night of my trip and was very dissapointed. I wish I had taken the trip to Mandaly Bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.