1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas New Rewards Restrictions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lpearl, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. I'm not complaining either since I didn't put a single cent into the game. Just redeemed two one-night stays in a Deluxe Room at Mirage, which saved me ~$300. I have another 80K LP to use for my trip... Too bad I can't redeem for another one-night stay in the Deluxe Room... :thumbsup:

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually... you can.

The unlock 1 night deluxe room is 37,500 and MyVegas allows you to redeem for 2 of them instead of just 1 like most of the other hotel rooms. When you call to redeem them (so I've read elsewhere) they can link the 3 or 4 room nights so that you don't have to change rooms.

3. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already unlocked that award and I redeem for two of those. I tried to redeem for my third one but it was a no go.

4. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i never stay more then 4 days in vegas and some stuff i like to do is not a prize on myvegas.... 3 prizes per 30 day period ? still a good deal for FREE

5. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Does it change for players?

I can get 3 nights at Mirage for 13K
    a $50.00 dining credit at Mone Carlo that will get me 3 free buffets for 25K and still have points keft over.

Or I can get 4 nights at Excalibur for 7K
    And tickets to Carrot Top for under 32K
    And play on my 1Mil in chips and score a couple buffets for at Luxor for 22K

Here is a screen shot right now of me viewing my rewards.

Please explain what you see!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  6. gubilxix

gubilxix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you click on the specific room reward it states that it is for one night out of the three, not all three nights.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  7. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ahh I never bothered since my room is comped the old fashion way. 7,000 points for a night isnt bad Room left over for a couple buffets as well. Not sure where Mitkraft got the cheapest 2 night stay is over 40,000 points. What am I missing there? Do they not let you use the 7,000 offer twice?

8. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plus that is only for specific dates, not for anytime in a 90 day period use for the rooms. Two nights, a show such as Carrot top and a few buffets will set you back around 70-80K normally, not 40K. And good luck getting 22K for playing with a million chips, unless you do it over numerous days, it just wont happen. Maybe 10k for those million chips at most. I sat at a million chips for the better part of 2 weeks and got maybe 30k playing daily for hours at a time. If thats the case you wont be using the comps for late Jan because you wont have time to make your 22K extra chips!

Regardless, I played the game for about 3-4 weeks and got a free night, show tickets frontrow center, and 75$ food credit. I never once payed for chips and cant fathom why anyone would spend $199 on them to get half the rewards I got for free!

9. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, you can't buy two of the exact same reward and book it back to back. So as far as I can tell the cheapest 2 night reward is as I stated. And as was my original point, under no circumstances can you get 3 nights, 2 buffets and a show for 40K points. If you aren't convinced of that fact then so be it, I tried.

10. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some benefits for purchasing chips--No Limits

I spent over $500 last year with MyVegas and have been told by the company that the "3 redemption limit" does not apply to me and others, whom have spent cash with them!

11. xray

xray Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the majority of people do not buy chips... I think this game won't be around for very long unless they make changes that will even further limit the free rewards...

Several years ago, there was an MGM game that was similar and it wasn't around for that long too... can't give away so many freebies if it wants to be sustainable...

12. delo

delo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be a stupid question...or it may have been answered elsewhere...but with these new rules.....
    My husband and I both play MyVegas...Can we get 3 awards a piece?
    ...giving us 6 to use on our trip.

13. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You both can redeem 3 rewards in a 30 day period :thumbsup:
    (as long as you both have seperate mLife accounts)

14. delo

delo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you, Shock.

15. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, this is not true, I had two discounted nights in Luxor & Mirage, for a total of four nights back to back this December. Plus MyVegas as emailed me twice that cash players do not have the 3 limit!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  16. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 nights at mirage and luxor are 2 different rewards. the same would be doing 2 nights at mirage or luxor and booking it twice for 4 nights at the same hotel.

17. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm almost tempted to pay $5 for the smallest amount of chips so I can use more than 3 rewards in the 30 day time frame :wink2:

18. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me too. I'm just curious if there is a minimum amount you have to spend though. I'm willing to pay up to $40 since I get more value from my rewards than that.

19. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I emailed them some ideas, including posting what Cash player benefits are and at what level.

20. akicks

akicks Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still confused

I have a trip at the end of March.

I redeemed points for a show on January 1st for my March trip. So my understanding is that this show is grandfathered and won't count as far as the restrictions are concerned.

Since then and after the change, I have booked another show, a buffet and the aquarium. So at least in theory, I am done for my March trip, correct?

The 2nd show has already been "redeemed", although after the change was announced. The assumption is that if I showed up at the M Life counter in March with 3 codes for other stuff, one of the codes would be denied as they would see the 2nd show and say that I can only redeem two other codes, right?

Finally, if I want to replace the aquarium with something more pricey, can I just get anther code for what I want and just not use the aquarium code? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.