1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aces and Ales - Questions

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by tucsonkim, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tucsonkim

tucsonkim Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I love good beer. I've heard about Aces and Ales has some awesome beer on tap. I'm curious whether they comp beers for VP players. Would greatly appreciate any input. Cheers! :beer:

2. brewyourown

brewyourown Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is aces and ale?

3. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aces and Ales does have a good (rotating) selection of micros and imports on tap. It's at 3740 South Nellis. The owner is Alice Cooper's guitarist.

4. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aces and Ales is a great place.
    Super friendly and knowledgeable.
    In my experience, the beer is not comp'd when playing VP, although there are some points/ players club thingy (I didn't sign up). I don't know what the points can be used for (free beer, maybe?).

Anyway, the machines are just incidental, in my opinion, and give you something to play with while enjoying some fine brew.

5. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:
    This past October visited Aces and Ales for the first time. Huge thums up ! Massive beer list ( on video screens) no comped beer. Did see a local couple hit for $1200 on video poker. They also have a nice scotch list and good bar food. We bought a couple t-shirts, drank micro's, 15 year old scotch, and smoked cigars while chatting it up with locals and watching football. Had a blast and headed back in a couple months. About 10-15 minutes off the strip at Flamingo and Nellis. They have a nice website if you want to take a peek.:drunk:

6. jimshan

jimshan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Havent made it to Aces and Ales, but have heard good things. The best beer selection in Vegas by far is the Freaken Frog on Maryland Parkway, if you haven't been check it out. And the best brewpub is way off strip, Big Dog's draft house out on Rancho, and they are right near a lee's discount liquors which has a great craft selection.

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the website and. Noticed the prices which sort of surprised me if accurate as many were in 8+$ range.....is this correct? (Asking those who have actually been to A&A) Thanks. It looks like a great diversion.

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The prices weren't any shock to me, coming from Boston. Most of what they serve is higher dollar stuff, even in stores.iirc drafts were cheaper than bottles.

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, about the price misunderstanding on my part but at video poker you can get Stone, Pyramid, Fosters, Fat Tire, etc. at Orleans depending on the bar serving the area. Some of those prices just APPEARED high in cost.....still worth a visit to me.

10. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really have a hard time finding the details, but it seems Stone brewery was running a "Most Arrogant Bar" in the U.S. contest, and I think the metric was the amount of Arrogant Bastards and its kin that is consumed per pub in a given week. It seems to me that Aces and Ales brought the pint price down to $2 and the growler price down commensurate to take a stab at the thing. Would be a good time, were it held again this year. Who knows, maybe the board could field a table of seasoned campaigners, just to help the locals out.

11. POPO2012

POPO2012 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :beer:Dude WTF ???:drunk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.