1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Range at Harrahs

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegaslisa, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslisa

vegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has the Range really closed and when is Ruth Chris opening up? Very sad..I love the Range and all the bartenders which I hope get to stay. Heading there end of Feb and hope it is open.

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It closed in November ..

3. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    QUOTE=vegaslisa;739358]Has the Range really closed and when is Ruth Chris opening up? Very sad..I love the Range and all the bartenders which I hope get to stay. Heading there end of Feb and hope it is open.[/QUOTE]

:cry:I sure will miss the range also--excellent food and wonderful service--but it seems like CET has a deal with Ruth Chris as they are in many of their propertys now

4. vegaslisa

vegaslisa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know when Ruth Chris is suppose to open at Harrahs?

5. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Damn. The Range is closed. One of the best dinners I've ever had was at The Range.

I'm not a big Ruth Chris fan. So, this ends my need to go to Harrahs on my future Vegas trips.

6. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I agree. Too bad the Range closed. I really liked it.

7. feltbettor

feltbettor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to hear the Range is gone. The wife and I had a great meal with our best friends at the Range the night we got married back in November 2000. The view/food/staff were excellent. A night we will never forget.

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be a tradition for me, first night in LV was always dinner at Range. Who cares about a silly chain steak-house we have all eaten at before anyways. Boo Ruth-Chris!

9. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

My wife + I ( also ) had dinner at The Range -
    the evening of our wedding day.
    The Pit Boss called and made Resv's for us.
    :nworthy:

10. DRich2

DRich2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the minority here. I thought the Range underperformed and I tend to like Ruths' Chris.

11. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only problem is this just further promotes the chain infiltration into these properties... My rule of thumb with a restaurant chain is if I have them in at home, I'm not spending my "Vegas time" eating at them!

IMHO properties are better served having chefs or their own unique concepts, which some still do. Unique offerings (or close to unique) rather than chains that are in every major US hub.

12. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, there is a Ruth's Chris in most major cities now. I just hate to see another unique Vegas gem cease to exist. I dont expect to visit the new location.

13. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be in the minority, but you're not alone. My husband and I only ate there once and it wasn't really a great experience. My steak wasn't cooked to the correct temperature and had to be sent back. I don't remember any part of it being awesome, actually, including the service. (The reason we only ate there the one time, I suspect.) It wasn't awful or anything, but didn't make us want to go there again.

We haven't been to a Ruth's Chris yet, but there is one opening soon here in Cincinnati, so I can't imagine us eating there at one in Harrah's with all the other choices out there that we don't have here.

14. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :rolleyes2:They did open one at Harrahs Cherokee which is close to us and it is nice as they didn't have any other steak house and of course here in this area of the smoky mts you don't have any chains available unless you go to Asheville which is an hours drive. But in Vegas it is just a different story--and again I will miss the Range.
    It has to be a deal that CET has made with them as they are going into most of the Harrahs propertys it seems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.