1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Traffic from Vegas to LA on MLK Jr. Day

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by rob889, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering if anyone knows how bad the traffic gets on Martin Luther King Jr. Day...I'll be heading back to Los Angeles and was hoping I wouldnt have to wake up super early to avoid the rush.

Anyone done this drive or know how good or bad it is? I know most typical mondays you can leave at just about any time but am unsure about the holiday

thanks!

2. 007DAWG

007DAWG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made that drive on MLK 2 years ago. We rolled out around 10a so as to avoid traffic. It worked, very quiet at that time. Not sure if it got worse later, but at least you know that you should be good with a mid-morning departure.

3. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that since most of the highway repairs/modifications are done that the traffic seems much better than in the past few years.

4. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds great...we usually try to leave on a Monday because traffic is always light but I was unsure about the holiday's impact on it. It would be nice to leave anywhere between 10am and 2pm if possible so we don't feel rushed and can still enjoy the night before without having to worry about waking up too early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.