1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Criss Angel Believe

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Briny, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briny

Briny Tourist

I went to this show back in Feb 2010 at Luxor. Is it the same show or did they switch things up? I can't imagine same show, and if something new I think I may go back again. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You saw the repaired show on that date. Yes, it's even worse than when it opened and a true puzzle as to why it continues to exist. Pure slop.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

And ya know Sam, that's what's so hard to figure out.
    It's making something/doing something for somebody. A Show of it's size and cost,
    contracts, properties, CIRQUE...why BELIEVE is still up and running surprises the hell
    out of me. You'd think somebody would pull the plug, swallow the loss and get to
    work on some new entertainment, yet BELIEVE continues...lol, as do questions about it.

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  5. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing he has a no-trade clause in his contract. But it sounds like he's got some fans out there.

6. smoke6691

smoke6691 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sucks more than a blackhole

OK...ZARKANA was worse but last night one of his illusions didn't go how it was suppose to and they dropped the curtain for like 5 minutes to reset everything. I'd say one amazing illusion and the rest were worth a golf clap.

7. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The final time I saw BeLIEve, the same thing happened. The lights came up, people stirred around for 10 minutes or so, then they started the show at a different spot. Criss came out and said "did you enjoy the intermission?". I sure did. It was the best thing in the show. That's when I got walked out, demanded the Cirque customer relations number from the lobby manager, and made a complaint call while still at the Luxor.

8. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL!!! Not even heavy drinking beforehand can save this show I'm told.

9. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to be a big Criss Angel fan to understand. That's me but I can't convinced my husband to go back again and he usually will go to anything I buy tickets to.

Sema Show
  10. ericstacey

ericstacey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in June-it was so bad-I wanted to like it and read the bad reviews-they were free tickets (my brother really wanted to go-and loved it-go figure)-I went to see Legends in Concert the night before and had a way better time. Seriously.

11. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The reason it exists is that Angle, Cirque and Luxor have a 10-year contract with much of the authority (including final creative control), resting with the titular wanker himself. If they could break the contract without screwing themselves over for breach of contract, Luxor probably would have done so already - I can't imagine it's doing much for them (certainly not enough to justify a $100 million price tag).

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2008/10/20/93431/470/hotels/Did_The_Luxor_Make_a_$100_Million_Mistake_With_Criss_Angel's_%22Believe%22%3F

12. memelissascott

memelissascott Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lights came up, people stirred around for 10 minutes or so, then they started the show at a different spot.

13. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because of these two words, I now have to clean bits of bagel off my monitor.

Thanks for the early morning laugh!

14. SwingLifeAwayJB

SwingLifeAwayJB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually semi-enjoyed the show when I saw it in April of 2011. Then my friend wanted to see it again last April, so we went and as big of a Criss Angel fan that I am, it felt sloppy the last time. I think I only enjoyed the first time for 2 reasons. 1) It was my first Vegas show and I really didn't know what to expect and 2) I was exhausted so I think my mind was also playing tricks on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.