1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pasta Pirate or Magnolia's?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Steve in RI., Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just purchased the LVA for 2013 and will be going to LV in March. One night is planned for downtown. There is a 2 for 1 coupon for each of these places. My brother is not a big buffet fan, and would rather have a sit down meal most of the time. Does anyone have experiences with either place? I also wouldn't mind going back to the Flame at El Cortez or trying the 777 Brewpub at MSS.

2. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like both places. Have eaten at Magnolias many, many times, and P.P. three or four times.

Pasta Pirate is a little bit more upscale from Magnolia's. It's quiet, smallish, and relaxing. The food is good in both places.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food is very good at PP as it is at 777. Different atmosphere. PP the chefs are cooking over the grills in the center of the restaurant for all to watch and they do a lot of flaming dishes over the grill. Makes for a nice show.

I'm a fan of 777 also, just it is supposed to be a sports bar, except they almost never have audio for any game on.:nono:

Don't forget that free glass of wine included with your meal at PP:poke:

You won't go wrong with either place. PP more dark, dinner feel, 777 sports bar.

4. ORANGECTYNY

ORANGECTYNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times I ate at Magnolia's I was greatly disappointed. That was December and last September. Last September I at at PP. It was an ok meal. Value wise..it fit the bill.

Unfortunately, the last time I was at Flame (9/2011) the quality of the meal had decreased from a few months prior. I used to be sure to eat there every trip.

I still haven't eaten at the 777 or Chicago Brewing Co. Those both are on the lit for my next trip.

For a good meal at a decent price try a Resturant.com certificate for Triple George over on 3rd.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at Magnolia's and PP, although it's been a few years since Magnolia's. Both were very good, but I recommend PP. Mag is more like a coffee shop and PP has a more "intimate" (for lack of a better word that escapes me at the moment) atmosphere. We had steak and lobster (with the steak upgrade to fillet) a couple times and will be going back. (Okay, we used a $10 off $30 coupon, but we'll still be going back without one!)

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never done Magnolia's but am a BIG fan of P.P. Would choose that in a hertbeat.

7. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You probably should call for reservations if you're going to the Pasta Pirate.

8. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even on a Monday evening?

9. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had bad service at P.P. and the food was just ok. I guess if i had a coupon i might give it another shot.

10. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It never hurts. (702) 388-2680

11. abescan

abescan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anyone know if you use a 2 for 1 LVA coupon for the Pasta Pirate can you also pay with the $20 credit comps that come with the MSS monthly mailings.

12. 007DAWG

007DAWG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Magnolia's is a good solid decent coffee shop, not a bad place for a meal. Pasta Pirate is more upscale and the Steak/Lobster meal is very good, esp for the price. When given a choice, I'd go Pasta Pirate every time.

13. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not sure how 777 pub got on the list since it wasnt mention by the OP, but I will vouch for it. We have ate there everytime for the last 5-6 trips. I love it, make sure you get the steak queso nacho dip for an appetizer, it is just flat out amazing!

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, the OP did mention thinking of trying the 777.

15. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, it was on the last sentence, I must have missed that. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.