1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Hotel Tiers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BrandonR, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonR

BrandonR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it comes to Mlife properties, where do all the hotels fall into different tiers? I know Aria and Bellagio are considered to be the top tier but what about the rest?

And how might offers be matched/bested by taking it to a mid or lower-tier property? I have a 3-night, $100 FP offer from the Bellagio but if I were to talk to a lower-level property about beating it, what might the resulting offer be?

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right about Aria and Bellagio at the top. Luxor and Excal at the bottom, and everything else in between.

3. BrandonR

BrandonR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, that's basically what I was thinking. So MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Mandalay, and NYNY basically all on the same "level" and I could expect comparable comps at each?

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They don't really do that much anymore.

That was pretty much how the first version of MLife work: your overall play was rated and you were deemed worth so much... and that "much" was different depending on which property you stayed at. IE: your play might qualify you for a standard room at Bellagio for three nights... which in turn might be worth an upgraded room at Monte Carlo for three nights... which in turn is worth a Park Avenue with view room at NYNY... which in turn is worth a mini tower suite at Luxor... which in turn is worth a high end suite at Excalibur.

But that didn't really work out so they changed the system back in the fall of 2011 where your offers and deals from a certain property are based on your play there. Your play at other properties is still looked at, but nothing at all like it was a couple of years ago.

So if you might get 3 nights and $100FP from Bellagio but NYNY and Monte Carlo might offer you nothing or if they do offer you something it is likely to be a lot worse than what you would have gotten at Bellagio. And then on the flipside, if you want offers from Monte Carlo or NYNY you have to pretty much stop playing at Bellagio and start playing at those properties.

5. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure I agree with that. I just got 3 guys each a room for a week at the mirage based on their play at the aria last march. The host looked at their play with their mlife card for the past year at all locations and comped them their room. They defiantly wouldn't get an offer issued to them for that. They are once a year gamblers. If your looking for an offer online, maybe your right, but I haven't used an offer like that for 3 years. All mine are written up by a host at whatever place I want to stay.

6. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only played at the Beau Rivage in Mississippi for years. I get a monthly newsletter with their offers. About a year or so ago they started including a quarterly Vegas offer. Each month it would highlight the night/fp/shows I would receive at that hotel. On the Mlife site I can choose the hotel and it will tell me the offer. I would get 2 nights at the higher properties (Bellagio or Aria) 3 nights at the middle and 4 at Excal or Luxor. I took them up on it last October and stayed at Mirage for 4 nights (paid for 1). Now I get offers from the Mirage outside the quarterly generic Vegas offer. Theirs have been much better than the standard. I booked a 3 night suite offer @ Mirage with F&B, FP and transportation. Now, out of the blue I get an email from Mirage with an offer for TWO nights in a standard room and no F&B, FP, etc. Wow, that's a drop. Cannot tell if they are just busy or the offers are getting worse. It will be interesting to see what I'm offered after my 2nd stay at the Mirage in April. My offers at the Beau have been very consistent at 3 nights and FP, never F&B. They also have junkets with free flights, but so far the dates haven't been good for me.

So, it is my experience that I receive offers based on the hotel tier and specific offers from the hotels at which I have stayed/played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.