1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allegiant's first ever thread about GOOD customer service.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dfalk, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I just booked my flight and was in somewhat of a hurry and somehow managed to select my return flight a day earlier than planned. I didn't notice this until I got my e-mail conformation and noticed it there and thought ohhhh shitttt!!

So I log into Allegiant's site and I could change it to the day I wanted, but it was gonna cost me $50. So I call them up and hold for 20 minutes before finally talking to someone. Tell her I messed up and to my surprise she's like oh no problem at all let me change it for you!

From the 23,576 horror stories I've read about Allegiant's customer service and how they nickle and dime you on everything they can, I was very very surprised they changed it free of charge. I guess they're not all that bad after after all, and now I'm happy with the correct dates and a $195 RT flight in March.

Moral of the story: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DATES WHEN BOOKING

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airlines are required now to allow you to cancel or change a reservation within 24 hours of making the purchase.

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2012/dot0812.html

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy you had a good experience with Allegiant.

I made a similar mistake when booking a work trip on United about two years ago. United took care of the problem right away, thank goodness.

5. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But yet Allegiant still tries to charge you $50 to do this online. I hate the model of this airline and will only fly it as a last resort.

6. teacher1

teacher1 Low-Roller

The fact that someone got Allegiant to answer their phone is amazing to me! We only fly them because they are often cheaper--even with their nickel/dime bs, they end up cheaper--and as much as it chaps my ass, we do fly them.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, they are always $100 cheaper than Delta and offer non stop vs Delta making a stop in SLC.

8. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen

(Extra characters.)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.