1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How long would u wait to eat?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Kainoa, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either the people who told you that embellished the truth or they are insane! I was really disappointed in Bacchanal Buffet on my only visit earlier this month so I personally wouldn't wait very long. At hour wait would be my maximum.

2. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    waited close to an hour a couple of trips ago at the california.

was very hesitant to wait but we really wanted the prime rib special.

waiting in a line like that just puts me in a bad mood so never again.

3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    15 minutes is my max. The worst I've ever done is about 30 minutes at Bellagio, only because much of the line wasn't visible when I started waiting.

5 minutes without the line moving and I'll bolt. There are too many place in Las Vegas to wait in line.

4. globecruiser

globecruiser Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our recent trip, we had breakfast buffet at Paris 4 times. We showed up very early (east coast advantage) and there was never a line.

5. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree. It does not sound right. If they were in line for 7 hours, there were countless numbrs before them who stood in line from one to seven hours. I cannot imagine that many people would wait in line for that length of time.

6. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

How do you get reservations?? I thought this was not in the works. Are you sure you had reservations at a certain hour, and did get in at that hour? How high is your tier at Caesars?? Please explain for all the readers of this forum.

7. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could not have been 7 hours or anywhere close to that because that means tons of people waited 7 hours to eat. People do not have that kind of patience...especially when they are hungry.

For me I don't do lines and waiting. If I were sitting in my house and someone called me and said someone is standing at the edge of your driveway giving people $1000 each for anyone who wants it, I would hesitate to go out there if there were 20 people in line...that's how much I dislike standing in line. I cannot imagine going to Vegas and wasting my vacation time to stand in long lines for food or clubs or anything. No chance.

I can't think of any restaurant I would wait in the lobby for more than 15-20 minutes. Now if they have a bar area you can go to while you wait then waiting is no longer a problem. I haven't sat in a booth since I can't remember when. My wife and I usually just head up to the bar have a few drinks and eat there. You get faster service anyways because your bartender is always within 10 yards of you. And you can't smoke inside in Michigan anymore so that is no longer a problem either.

8. Kainoa

Kainoa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can make a reservation for a group of 12 or more.

Group Reservations
    For Groups over 12 people, please call 702-731-7778 / 866-733-5827.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  9. Kainoa

Kainoa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether people exaggerated their wait times? Maybe, but if you had seen the crowds of people in the area outside the buffet, they just may be credible. When we arrived at 6pm for our 630pm reservation extra security was being brought in to handle crowd control, new line stanchions were brought in to redirect the long lines. Even the Diamond entry line was shut down. The guy I spoke to specifically stated the time he and his family got into line, 330pm.

10. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I waited only about 30-40 minutes @ Caesars back in early November, which definitely set me up for being disappointed with the whole thing. Slow-ish drink service didn't help very much either.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish people wouldn`t exaggerate so much.

I have said that a million times!:D

12. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yaa

Good point Dewey, our last Reno trip, w/our fav Cafe (cafe Sedona@ Silver Legacy) there was a line, 20 min wait.
    I decided let's not wait & see what else was open (regrets)
    10 Min later, there I am back in the same line Patiently wating for Dinner.

Oh Bother!!!!!

My Most annoying almost wait, while Staying at Paris & wanted reservations for Eiffel Tower restaurant, they wouldnt give a hotel guest reservations w/o a CC # Fail!, lol

13. Peri

Peri Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dewey,you are so remarkable = another great post! I would wait a long time in line if I were near someone like you! Thanks for some great suggestions & a good attitude.

:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.