1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Sale

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Loonar, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In case this hasn't already been posted, Southwest Airlines has a one-day sale on today only.

2. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what's so on sale about it. Looks like all the flights from Chicago to Las Vegas are higher now than before.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dallas / San Antonio / Austin seem to be the same as well looking at the low fare calendar for June / July.....but then there have been times when those were on sale and others in the country were scratching their heads........so I don't know.....

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sale prices are only valid for a few certain dates, none of which are in June/July.

5. thebug40

thebug40 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    swa cheap flights

Hopefully this question doesnt threadjack... ignore if it does

What are the best ways to secure cheap SWA flights? Is there a site that people use to get discounted airfare or the promo codes? FYI flying out of Omaha, Ne in late May for Vegas.

Thanks!

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can only buy tickets on the SWA site, no where else. You can sign up for their "Ding" notifications which are usually useless one day only sales on very limited flights. You can also sign up your email for sale notifications.

7. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully this question doesnt threadjack... ignore if it does

What are the best ways to secure cheap SWA flights? Is there a site that people use to get discounted airfare or the promo codes? FYI flying out of Omaha, Ne in late May for Vegas.

Thanks!
    ----------

Install the ding app immediately. Keep checking airfares online. Having 5 months gives you plenty of time for a deal to show up. Even if you book higher, just rebook at the lower fare and voucher the rest.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only specific dates are on sale.

9. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I could take advantage of those dates, the prices are really, really good. About half of what I paid for my January and March flights!

10. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well it's 30% higher than I paid 45 days ago. So I say it's a no sale. And that's every day from Chicago to Vegas from now until August 9 th. not one flight at any time as low as a month ago.

11. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL this is exactly what I see when these fare threads show up... guess they gots to pay for those sale fares somehow

12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is a yawn, I don't see any special codes, no reference to one day sale, no mention of special travel dates, where's the beef? Ticket price for Philly to Chicago didn't change from two days ago.

13. allinpflop

allinpflop Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.....we are rebooking for a considerable savings.

14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is this the one day promotion?

Terms and Conditions (Promo Code: THANKYOU)

The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive 35 percent discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below.
    Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
    Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made on or before 11:59 pm for the respective time zone of the originating city on January 4, 2013, for travel January 29, 30, February 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 and March 5, 2013.
    Blackouts apply as follows:
    o Fort Myers (RSW) is excluded from this offer.
    o New Orleans is excluded on 2/13/13
    35 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
    To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
    Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
    Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
    Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points.
    Air Fares for Jackpot and Southwest Vacations package deals have been discounted by 35% for eligible markets and dates. Discount Code is not needed to receive 35% off the air fare portion of the package deal.

15. Iu25

Iu25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jeez talk about needing to be babied, go to the website and look at the front page, it says 35% off select flights(about 7 dates or so). It took me maybe 35 seconds. Its not that hard people, do some work for yourself once in awhile. I cannot stand it when people post a deal or savings and then the next 12 posts complain about it. Makes you never want to post anything on here half the time!

16. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I first went to the SWA site, there was no mention of the sale. I just went back, volia! I had to go to flyertalk to get the details where the OP took some time, posted the promo code and listed the dates.

I do plenty of work on my own, thanks, and I make posts on this and other boards for the benefit of others, adding a few details saves readers time and would complete the effort instead of making it a half-hearted attempt.

Like my mom always said, empty barrels make the most noise.

17. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woo hoo, I just booked a flight via this sale for Den-Las non stop, $103 round trip in February.

18. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet! We were just in Vegas before Christmas, but were able to get under $200 per person RT from Austin, so we booked it along with some friends. It's the guys 40th Bday and he's never been, so he is pretty stoked. Going late Feb, getting rooms comped.

19. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 15 minutes to get to work after posting my original notification that there was a sale. I realize many have been waiting for this sale to appear and when I saw it on my way out the door, I thought I would do others a favour in case they missed it. No time for the details......just a heads up. If I appear lazy, then that's your problerm.

20. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Joe for the DING! notification information. I just signed up and they had a deal until 11pm cst tonight (MKE - LAS) that allowed me to rebook my outbound flight in Feb for 1380 miles ($22) cheaper than when I booked back in Sept.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.