1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ultimate Steak Challenge at Brand at Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JWBlue, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The challenge is to eat a 120 ounce (7.5 pound) steak in 60 minutes. If the person does it the meal is free. Otherwise, there is a $250 charge. The menu says the steak is for 6 people.

Has anyone tried this?

<iframe src="http://www.travelchannel.com/Embedded?id=c254a213390d6310VgnVCM1000003409330aRCRD" height="414" width="576" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I have eaten a one pound steak with broccoli and didn't really feel that full afterwards. I know I could have eaten it again. Meat really isn't that filling. Most people eat some type of carb like bread or potatoes with their steak which is what is what is filling.

I could probably eat 3 pounds.

2. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw this challenge on tv.120 oz steak...No way is this going to happen...watched the 3 men try to finish (they each had their own). None finished...or came close.The chef came out with the trophy and said,you dont get this...But I have this for you...a bill for almost 600 dollars!!!

3. JDinTN

JDinTN MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw this on TV too. The guys started out so psyched about it but once they started eating they looked disgusted barely a quarter way through. JWBlue I know what you mean about eating a 16-ounce and still feeling like you could eat more. I love a good steak too. But this thing is a whole other story. It didn't even look that appetizing, and by the time it cools down and is no longer hot you'll still have 90% of it to go.

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way I have done the 72oz at the Big Texan and that was a feat in itself no way I can immagine 120oz of beef.

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget that steak was wrapped in bacon too. :)

I am sure I couldn't even come close to denting that thing.

6. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also comes with a free consultation with a cardiologist. ;-)

That's way too much for me. I'd be happy with a 32 ounce porterhouse.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.