1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest Vouchers issued

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't find the thread I posted this to originally, so I started a new one.:confused2:

Our flight on Friday leaving Vegas was delayed by 3:01, but in airline speak, they say only 2:45 when I called today. Anyway, because they said the delay was due to mechanical issues, I asked for a voucher when we boarded and they said I had to call Corporate Relations.

Called today and they issued vouchers for half of what we paid for the tickets. A small victory, but I do love SWA!

Because my wife achieved Companion Status on SWA, I'm flying free for the rest of the year with her.

Now I need to fly somewhere myself, just to use up the credits we got for cancelling my flights and rebooking as her companion, plus this voucher.

We've been married 31 years and I've never flown without her. She has for work and family, but not me.

Hmm, Joe alone in Vegas. Not sure that's a good idea.:wink2::drunk:

Throw out some suggestions where I should go, but it has to be on SWA.

We're going to Tampa the end of this month and AZ for Spring Training/golf and Vegas in April.

I know, I know, it's I nice problem to have:thumbsup:

2. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest is running a promotion, double points when flying out of Milwaukee up until January 31, 2013. Probably a little late, but I just found this promo when looking for a flight to Chicago.

As for where to go, last year I went to Key West in mid February, went to the beach and swam each day, weather was spectacular. SWA just started service to Key West.

3. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lucky guy
    you are welcome to fly me somewhere :wink2:

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, if I could transfer the credits and voucher, I would, but SWA won't allow that anymore.
    Since she has the companion deal until12/31/13 I don't need them, but out of principal, I want to use them!!

5. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what about flying on SWA to florida and going on a cruise or taking a dif airline to jamaica? New York? Boston? Denver? La?

That's all the suggestions i have.

6. squidward

squidward Probationary Member

Trips to Las Vegas:

Uhhhh.... Reno?

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who was I kidding!:poke: I'm not going to lay on a beach and read a book.:nono:

Booked a solo Vegas trip for March. Used all the credits for a free trip.:thumbsup: Not counting the voucher that is being mailed out, I have 20 cents left over in credits.

8. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you came to your senses. I used to do that, look at other vacations, but nothing could ever draw me from Vegas. I don't even look anymore. Maybe it's because I've already been everywhere I want to go and my age tho.

9. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can transfer SW vouchers to anybody.
    I was bumped last May and received a $1000 voucher for my wife and myself. I then used that to take my 2 nieces to Vegas with us in Sept.
    So you may want to look into treating some family members to a vacation.
    OR some helpful fellow VMB'ers :wave:

Anniversary Trip
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I'll have to look into that. I ASSUMED since you couldn't transfer travel miles/credits, the same would apply to vouchers. I've never actually gotten a voucher from SWA before, just credits for flight price reductions.
    Thank you for the heads up.:thumbsup:

11. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I would acted more quickly had I known the decision was near and have invited you for Texas bar-b-q and golf and some god-awful beer in 101 degree heat in the throes of July just to let you realize hell isn't such a deterrent to bad behavior........but you made a good choice....just make it to the Pinball Hall this time.....good luck in March....

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I learned very quickly while living in Vegas that beer on the golf course while it's 100+ degrees, is a very bad idea. Afterwards, that's another story:drunk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.