1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I never knew this about slots

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Jerseyguy2, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99% of you probably know this ,but I really didnt. If you've ever got up from a machine and the next person hits on the first spin dont get upset. The chip inside constantly generates random numbers even when the machine is idle so you werent necessarily going to hit that big jackpot.

2. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would still suck though. Big time :grrr:

3. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, and the same theory holds true when you hit something amazing on less than max bet. Chances are you would not have hit the button at the exact same time if you had raised your bet, so instead of crying over what might have been, be happy for what is!

I know you table folks that think slot players are idiots won't get this, but there are a couple of forums with tons of good info specifically related to slots, and knowing more about what you play is always a good thing. I have had much more success since I took the time to learn about RNG, volatility, vulture progressives and the different slot manufacturers. I'm not saying it will help you win since that is predicated on totally random events, but it can help a ton with bankroll management, increasing comps and general enjoyment. :peace:

4. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said, nhchris. I think we're on some of the same other forums, and I agree that there is a good amount of knowledge shared that helps with understanding slots. :cheers:

5. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    chris or kim... what forum? I dabble once and a while with slots.

6. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot Fanatics

7. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must have watched that Slots show on the Destination America channel too : )
    I recorded it onChristmas Eve and watched yesterday. Glad it wasn't a slot show I'd watched 2 years ago. Lots of great info in there.

I also caught all 3 eps of Cheating Vegas, also good.

8. evanston45

evanston45 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what about those computer slots where you can touch the screen and stop the reals? Is my chances of winning the same if I stop the slot as compared to just hitting the spin button?

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No,I saw it on a website called AC Insider

They have a series of short videos on gambling and AC.Recommend it to anyone hitting AC for the first time.
    I did see the ones on LV too.

10. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the help I'd like to have with slots because I never play them except for diversion and free drinks and so I play at very low levels.
    I know that some slots push money into huge jackpots that require maximum bets. So I expect that for me that means fewer small wins while my low level play does not qualify me for the megajackpots.
    What I'd like is a list of say a half dozen slots with nickel and penny options that proportionally reward me for the money I put at risk and don't just load up the rewards for the folks that play $3 a pull to hit megawins.
    And I like those with some bonus diversions.
    Texas Tea does that. At the El Cortez I played a few pennies at a time in order to get a few drinks of Myers rum that they stopped serving at the poker table and to wait until the poker competition eased up a bit.

For me, I don't need to win money at slots, I just want to watch some little cartoon character like that Texas Tea armadillo shake and shimmy and give me a few pennies on the few I've bet. My EV is really the alcohol or the entertaining diversion when my dialy bankroll won't support VP or live poker. And after just two Myer's rums I find that the armadillo feels pretty much like my pet.
    Here is that story:
    http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.com/2012/06/tr-snippet-playing-on-nothing.html

I also know that choosing an old fashioned three wheel slot with a comparatively low top jackpot will distribute more small winnings to a fellow like me and be less volatile. However, those don't have a bonus diversion for better entertainment.

And in particular I wonder about how that common fishing slot where the bonus is to catch a fish as a person in a small rowboat distributes payouts. Is there a megajackpot that is only good after a maximum bet?

If I had six more that are pretty common and knew where to look for them, I could write it on a filing card and carry it in my wallet. I don't want to pour through a slot forum to arrive at that list.
    Any suggestions??

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.