1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best comps for play other than CET

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JohnRocks421, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnRocks421

JohnRocks421 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I will be going back to Vegas for the 6th time in the next few weeks. We have always played and stayed almost exclusively at CET properties (because of the comps we get), but would like to expand our gambling to do something different and get comped somewhere else. The only other property we have stayed other than CET properties is the Venetian on our first trip (which we really enjoyed), but we haven't really received any offers from them in a while. Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always, it depends on your play. What game, how long, how much? Assume strip at this point. How often do you go to Vegas.

Very few would give Venetian a thumbs up. They do not treat players well.

3. JohnRocks421

JohnRocks421 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We play a variety of things.... both table games and VP. I wouldn't consider us high rollers, but not low rollers either. We are always comped for 4-5 nights at CET properties (usually for a pretty good room). We go to Vegas 2-3 times per year.

4. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find MGM to be the best for medium table players. Their mlife offers stink, but usually the hosts are super helpful in getting the final bill comp'ed off. They also have a huge variety of 4 and 5 star properties to spread your play around.

Wynn is a tough place for players under $200/hand if you want comp room. Also, Wynn has an annoying habit of trying to undercomp you if you're winning. I was rated at $266/hand and felt like pulling teeth trying to get a $30 breakfast buffet comp'ed off. However, for the truly High Roller, Wynn is absolutely creme-de-la-creme.

Venetian/Palazzo I don't even bother chasing their comps. It's the least transparent of the big 4. The only solace is that usually their bacc rooms are quite empty, so I could enjoy a shoe or two without drunk guys walking around the way Cosmo does.

Neither of those could carry points/comps over the way MGM/CET does.

If you're really adventurous you could try Cosmo. I'd definitely wouldn't bother if you don't like the loud/obnoxious/drunk clubbing crowd in their face for the whole friday and saturday night.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At MGM you could get free rooms, suites, meals and show tickets. Or you might just get discounted rooms. All depends on level of play.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.