1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas This Weekend: Action or Ghost Town?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Romaman, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romaman

Romaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hitting las vegas this weekend (Mandalay Bay) and was wondering since it is Christmas time, will the strip be full of action or will it be dead? I got different answers when i googled it some sayin that its packed while other saing that its dead.....anyone have any thoughts??

Cheers :peace:

2. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's packed with dead people.

Oh sorry, that's Zombie Christmas weekend, not Jesus Christmas weekend.

I hope it's reasonably busy because I will be there too.

3. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be there as well, although staying at Orleans. I've been checking on rooms for the last couple of weeks and up until yesterday they showed rooms avail on both Friday and Saturday nights. Now Saturday shows sold....for whatever that's worth.

I hope not too many people are making the trip from Socal, I can't get off work early and will have to deal with normal Friday night freeway madness already and don't want it packed all the way to town.

4. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on the strip last weekend and during normal hours it wasn't busy, but it wasn't empty either. It wasn't hard to find empty tables to play at over the course of the night, but I wouldn't say that 1/2 of them were empty or anything.

For us, the Gondola Rides at the Venetian at 6:00PM still had about a 20 minute wait, so it wasn't empty. There wasn't much of any wait for taxi's, though.

Of course, that doesn't mean much compared to a pre-holiday weekend, but a general gauge of a normal weekend this time of year might help.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends who you are talking too.

Talk to another tourist and the place will look like it always does, people everywhere.

talk to someone who depends on the tourists for a living and they will say its slow.

Cabbies will say its slow even on nye or 4th of july.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard to say, nearly any weekend in Vegas is busy-ish. But in years past the few days before Xmas were really dead. Then they start filing in on the 23rd and 24th. But, with Xmas being on a Tuesday it could be busy..?

7. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will be pretty quiet until it gets close to New Years Eve. But there will always be people. Personally I prefer to have less people; I don't like fighting crowds.

8. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious why you want it to be busy. Are you single and looking to meet people?
    I like when there's not a lot of traffic, you don't have long lines to check in, you can find a place to play, etc.

9. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it will be dead until roughly 3 days before NYE. Lots of asians right now though.

10. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am single but not a good playah. I just don't want it to be dead. Like you, I hate lines, but I don't want to be the person around. Also, I play limit hold 'em, and if it's dead that game running.

I arrived at Monte Carlo this evening and the check in was longer than I expected.

11. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was the deadest I've ever seen it the week of December 10. Had the National Finals Rodeo not been in town it would have been darn near vacant, relatively speaking.

12. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to know if a week is going to be busy or not, look at room rates.
    They are low in the weeks before Christmas.

13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I changed my mind, I wish was a little dead. It's too busy at the big properties. The Wynn buffet wait was rediculous, I'd say over a hundred people on the line to the line. Yes, you read that right. They were selling line passes for $12 but I think you still had to wit on the first line. Today the line at Aria for Jean Phillipe was long and to their cafe was long. I went back to the MC Cafe, which was mediocre at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.