1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airfare from the east coast

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chuckM, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming out the first week of March which has been pretty normal for past trips. I'm usually settled in with my flights, but this year the cost so far seems higher than usual. Any thoughts on this?

2. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For March, I snapped up a one way ticket for $89 on Southwest months ago. I'm still looking for a reasonable return flight :confused2: It's tough this year but I found a decent fare for Jan on JetBlue & I overpaid for a trip in April (I had no flexibility on dates) on SWA. Those are the only 2 airlines I will fly, but even when I check the other guys I dont see fares any better.

Just keep trying, and be as flexible on dates as possible. Remember, if you book with Southwest you can always get a credit (good for a year from the date of booking) for the difference if you see a lower price.

3. Dexter538

Dexter538 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I know that NASCAR weekend is the first weekend in March, but I doubt that has much impact on airfare. You never know.
    Keep looking. I'm flying from Boston on March 23. I had been watching fares for a few weeks, and last week Southwest dropped a midday flight to $94.
    To my delight, United offered up a $94 flight back home.
    That SWA $94 jumped back to $280ish two days later, and then back down to $118.

You just gotta keep looking and be patient.

Good Luck

4. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from my trip from Boston outbound ended up $89 and return was $111, both with short layovers (45-60 min) via Southwest, and to add they both arrived 15 -20 min earlier than scheduled flight times. so keep looking every day, with Tues./Wed. as deal days :thumbsup:

5. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rates out of Providence and Hartford(Bradley) for the week of March 10th were through the roof when I checked a few months ago. My brother and I ended up going out of JFK with Jet Blue and 4 nights at Ballys for 330 each. The airfare alone was much more out of the other two airports. Even with the airport shuttle to JFK, we will still be way ahead.

6. chuckM

chuckM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm still on a quest. I have a 5 nite comp from MC, but I hate to blow all my room savings on airfare. I'll catch a good one. Persistence always pays off.

7. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    check kayak.com I've been trending prices lately just for shits and giggles for a potential trip. If you do your shopping on a tuesday or wednesday instead of on the weekend the prices have been cheaper for a flight on the same dates. Ive given up on southwest. They jacked up their prices and got rid of the direct flights. Flights prices have been weird as of late though, even on kayak. One week the prices are $250 round trip then a week later its over $400 for the same flight.
    Also, like steve said consider flying out of another local airport. I know flighing out of logan airport in Boston has been typically $50-100 cheaper than flying out of TF Green in Providence. But personally I'll pay a few extra bucks for the convenience factor.

8. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights from NH were pretty high and I booked originally after they came down to $183 each way. You need to check as often as you can each day. I book to and from LV separately with different Conformation #'s. The flight out came down twice and i rebooked, then I changed the return flight for an earlier to save $50. My final cost was $244, and I got the flights that I wanted. The more flexible you are as far as days and times the greater the potential for savings. I like an early flight so as to arrive in LV and have a full day to settle in, unpack, and sightsee. I am less fussy coming back it's a wasted day no matter how you figure it! Good luck.

jimbo338

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.