1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Disappointed in Zarkana

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by OKC Gal, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, I have to say I'm one of Cirque Du Soleil's biggest fans. So, I was very much looking forward to seeing the new show Zarkana at Aria.

Sigh. I was disappointed with it. It did have moments of greatness and beauty, but not enough. Another reviewer talked about the "filler" using clowns between the different acts, and I found those fillers much too long, and much of those skits bombed.

Perhaps we really have had enough of Cirque.

Mystere and O remain my favorites, and I wouldn't see any of the others a second time.

2. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll give them more time to work out the kinks and keep an eye on reviews before seeing it. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Tickets are way too expensive to end up disappointed.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

Yep...that sure sounds familiar, lol.
    Too much clownin' around and not enough WOW yet... YES,it does have it's moments.
    And another YES to......have we had our fill of CIRQUE?

A huge fan myself of most of their Shows, I find myself looking forward to bigger, better,
    and something/anything different and creative in their new Shows. ZARKANA's use of LED screens certainly
    give the Show a look far different than their other Shows...there's a few new twists to
    several of the routines we've seen before along with a couple new acts exclusive to ZARKANA
    but at the end of the Show...I left without the feeling I'd just seen something new and exciting.
    I WAS entertained but a bit disappointed too.

That said, lol...I'm seeing ZARKANA again in early Feb. Curious if anything has tightened up.
    MYSTERE on the other hand...I've seen many, many times and still enjoy and remember...MYSTERE
    was a flop for several years when it first open. ZARKANA may or may not 'tweak' itself for the better.
    It's not bad...............it just could be better and in time...probably will be.

4. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Zarkana about two days after it started. The actors were excellent, the show had plenty of wow factor for me too.
    However, it really didn't fit the theatre properly, so I didn't feel like I was seeing it at its best. I think it is one of the shows that would be better seen somewhere other than the Elvis theatre. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the show, but I wasn't amazed by it, and for what we paid, I think I deserved that wow factor.

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw it the first night. Some acts were just way too long. Yes the juggling tennis ball woman was wonderful but way too long. Yes the sand art woman was amazing but way too long. I'm just not much into those kind of clowns yet loved the filler funny people at Zumanity. I have seen all Cirque that is in Vegas and my favorites are still Love and Zumanity.

Sema Show
  6. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot about the sand art woman! She was probably my favorite.

Gregrio - I'll look forward to hearing your report after you see it again in February...

7. Polemarch28

Polemarch28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you go for free though? My offer comes with free tix.

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it Friday night and will not see again, not even for free. Completely rehashed and borrowed from other shows, except for the sand painting, which was neat but far too long. Most annoying clowns yet, as well. No need for this show on the strip. I give it two years tops.

9. OKC Gal

OKC Gal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I'd go again for free. Enough of it was worth it.

10. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're saying that the Cirque empire might have finally :

[​IMG]

11. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When your big opening act is a lady bouncing tennis balls? Hmmm, yep!

12. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zarkana: The Death of French Canadian Whimsy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.