1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrahs - It really is my 50th Birthday

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by reen1962, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my hubby and 23 year old son and I will be at Harrahs Jan. 1-5. What chance do we have to get an upgrade with the $20 trick? Do I produce my license and show them that my birthday was the day before, 12-31-2012?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might get an upgrade because your can not do dates well. If you visit on Jan 1 and your birthday is 12/12/12 - then.....?????

3. urbanphotos

urbanphotos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On January 2 and 3 a Petite Suite at Harrah's is $85. The cheapie rooms are $28. I would suggest just booking the Petite Suite except that they're sold out on January 1.

I've read that desk clerks don't have the authority to upgrade a guest for no reason (they need supervisor or management approval based on a complaint like your room is full of cats) and I've read that the $20 trick can result in an upgrade. There's no consistent information. You might get something for $20, it probably won't be an upgrade to a room that costs $200 more for the four nights.

4. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last couple of stays at Harrahs, upgrade prices were posted at each check in window. Upgrade prices at Harrahs are reasonable, IMO. Do not recall any success stories with the 20 trick at Harrahs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.