1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip - Prep

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mdee, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going through a zip top baggie stuffed full with a tangled mess of several dozen colorful Lanyards and all my Players cards.
    My question is; Do you have a favorite Lanyard? One with a favorite logo or color? Do you keep all your cards on one lanyard?
    Do you add extra rings to it? I hate how bulky it gets in my pocket so I have a separate wallet for the majority of cards I'm not
    using and only attach the main cards such as M-life, Total Rewards, Wynn or Grazie that I plan to use on for that day.

Also on the same subject of Trip - Prep I have a pre-made check list I print out to guide me while I'm packing.

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite lanyard is an old one from the Stardust (may it rest in peace :(). It's a bungee-type cord. I actually lost the original one, along with all the cards that were on it, a couple of years ago at the Orleans. I was sooo bummed and was looking for another one on eBay when my BF found one that he wasn't using and gave it to me.

I keep the cards I use the most (Boyd, Station, Total Rewards, and a couple of others) on one lanyard; the rest are separate and just on a ring.

No packing list for me; I've traveled a lot, plus I'm a fairly light packer so I pretty much have it down pat.

3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite type of lanyard is also the bungee type. I think I got mine from M Resort. I hate the curly-q 1970's phone cord kind. I used to keep all mine on one key ring/lanyard. I'd even punch a new hole in the ones that didn't line up with the others so that they would all stack neatly while on the ring. I also separate out the ones I don't need and have separate sets for Biloxi, Lake Charles, and Vegas. On my last trip though I started just keeping my main ones (Mlife, TR) in my wallet along with whatever hotel I knew I was visiting that day and using them without the Lanyard. I started to feel a little silly with that full lanyard out all the time. I did have to run back to a machine where I'd left my card a few times but not too much.

As for a check-list I definitely have one of those! I used to just use a word document that had a sort of master-list of stuff I'd take on various types of trips. I'd just open the master, delete what I didn't need and save it as my list for a given trip. I've since started using SimplyPack+ on my iPad and I LOVE it! You can create multiple lists, have a master, and re-arrange lists into groups or bags/suitcases. Then when I'm packing I just click on the item as I pack/gather it and watch the list get smaller and smaller till I'm done. It has some quirks but of the list apps I tried it’s my favorite.

4. JaviSRK

JaviSRK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't use lanyards, it makes me feel too much like a tourist. I just keep them either in my pants or in my wallet. Although often I have to fumble through my pockets and wallet for a few minutes in order to find the card that I need for that day. :cuss:

5. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago when I signed up for the slot club at the Golden Gate they gave the card on a ring with a poker chip attached. I loved that. Then I left my card in a machine one day and couldn't find it. I still miss it.

6. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I don't use a lanyard, big chance I forget my card in the machines all the time (I also lose my umbrella every time I take one with me, so I gave up on that). So I have a long elastic lanyard, with all my cards attached, each on their own seperate ring, and all rings attached to one bigger ring which easily opens. So then I attach the main ring (with all the cards) inside my bag and take the rest of the lanyard out of the bag, with the card I'm currently playing attached to the other end of the lanyard and sticking in the machine. That way, when I walk off and forget the card, the lanyard between the card in the machine and the bunch in my bag (which I never let go of) will pull me back and remind me of the inserted card. :thumbsup:

(ps: reading back it became kind of a confusing story, not sure if I get it myself anymore :confused2: but at least I still have my card :D)

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, I used a lanyard once for about 2 minutes and felt like a tool. I always laugh at people who have one with like 20 cards on it, especially if they have them clipped to their shirt.

8. Lady Fortuna

Lady Fortuna Blessed with luck and ignorance...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, but you also laugh at people who use smilies in their posts. :nono:
    If you wouldn't laugh at other people, maybe you would also not feel like a tool (fool?) yourself! :thumbsup:
    Just thinking... :peace:
    (oh, and I'm older than 13 :Þ)

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at The Seminole Hard Rock in Tampa and the lady next to me had a red lanyard clipped to her sweater.
    When she got up to leave she accidentally left her card in the machine. I watched her walk across the isle.
    She had walked at least 10 feet before that lanyard started to tug on her. I'm surprised it didn't snap!

10. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could never ,ever use one of those things

They remind me too much of the safety "dead man" type cords that you attach to a boat key or a treadmill or something that may go out of control and hurt someone if you keel over. Also,I may very well be too stupid to remember to take my card out of a machine,but I dont want the whole world to know that,just the girl at the total rewards counter who gives me the new cards.

11. imwired

imwired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like lanyards. I have a credit card organizer thing to hold all my cards and I carry it in my handbag.
    I don't have a travel list.....for clothing, I just think about what I want to wear and other stuff is pretty consistent trip-to-trip.

12. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gave up on lanyards a few years ago and I occasionally lose a card but a quick trip to the promotions desk provides a replacement. I actually have gone my last two trips without losing one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.