1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mt Charleston in January

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bignuts808, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bignuts808

Bignuts808 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was planning on taking my son to see snow for the first time and I was curious about the difficulty of getting up to an area where he can see touch and play in the snow without me having to purchase snow chains. I am hesitant to purchase snow chains just for that purpose. I understand that supposedly they won't let you go past a certain point without chains. If this is true then are there areas that have enough snow without going all the way up to the lodge. We don't care about skiing or snowboarding. Thanks for anyone's help!

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    snow

go to lee canyon were las vegas ski is at its about 30 minutes from the city
    there willbe plenty of snow cause if it has not fallen they make their snow thats
    one exit after mount charleston and they have all kinds of foods burgers, wings , beer ect ect enjoy

3. Bignuts808

Bignuts808 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does Lee canyon require snow chains to get there?

4. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Check conditions before you go. You need chains to go up the mountain during a storm, but once the snow has fallen and it has been plowed you can get up to the lodge and ski resort without issue.

The picnic area before the ski resort is a popular place to sled. Have fun!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.