1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Calling T.R. reservations makes me scream!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by captainron62, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So as any good VMB'er I check my TR offers daily. I noticed that Flamingo was now COMP me on a luxury room for my Feb. trip, so I bail on Ballys. I cancel the res online, rebook, all is well.

I notice the calendar is extending to Labor Day weekend 2013, so I figure I may as well book that as well. I book and get clear to the end and get a bizarre error code saying something about group code not matching, I dont use any codes, so I try again. Same thing. I phone in, rep says room that was $72 is sold out, same room now $90, says she cant honor online. WTH?? okay, whatever, I book knowing it will drop and I can rebook anyways.

I then mention my Feb. trip and ask her to add the resort credit code on my res. Its a $15 credit, no big deal, online says just mention to rep or TR desk. She says if she adds it on my rate will go up $27, because the rooms avail under that code are........yup, you guessed it SOLD OUT!!

I just laughed and told her talking to her was expensive and I would just do my own thing online.

#UNREAL

2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's too bad. I've been lucky recently - booked four nights in Feb at the Rio during their cyber-Monday discount and the rate has actually dropped four or five times since then. Each time I've called up and they've adjusted to the lower rate without a hitch and sent me a confirmation email. I guess it's more complicated with comp reservations?

3. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Dont get too upset, he/she is just telling you what TR tells them to tell you.

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont get upset, I actually just had to laugh while I was on the phone. It was funny to hear that for an extra $27 I could have a $15 resort credit!!.

Its just one of those things you just have to laught at how things work sometimes!!

5. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but you made me think of a situation I experienced while trying to book a motel while on a trip in Michigan. I found a coupon in a Michigan travel guide for Motel X for $15 off a one night stay (coupon had not expired). I drove to that motel (it was very slow and empty) and the exchange went like this:

Me: I'd like to book a room using this coupon for $15 off a one night stay.
    Clerk: I can't honor that coupon.
    Me: Why not?
    Clerk: If I honored the coupon, your room would be too cheap.
    Me: I don't understand. It appears the coupon is valid because the expiration date hasn't passed yet.
    Clerk: Yes, the coupon is valid. But, but if I accepted the coupon, your rate would be too cheap. I can charge you $15 more for the room and then accept the coupon. Would that work?
    Me: No thanks.

I was completely flabbergasted! I was very kind to the clerk and simply left.

6. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only called the TR line a couple times, but I always had good luck. I always book online, but if I need to book back to back offers I have called the TR line and they have taken care of the issues.

But, these are simple things to take care of. And, it does always seem like they are just telling you what their screen tells them to tell you.

Anytime I travel, I ALWAYS bring copies of emails, the postcards with the offers, and anything that will prove my case if I don't get what I feel I have coming to me.

The only time I ever got burnt was when TI 2 years ago refused to give me the two Mystere tickets that I was told I would get when I booked online. It wasnt a huge issue to me, but that was the last time I ever stayed or played at TI. A shame since up to that point it was my favorite property.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally they will be very good in helping you.

In November I could get 3 nights in a Red room at Paris with my offer ($100 steakhouse food credit). However the last two nights would have cost around $100 (thereabouts) and $50 if I moved to a regular. I could however move to Flamingo & get the last 2 nights free in a GO room. I called & she punched & poked buttons. She did figure it out where she could give me all 5 nights free in Paris in a regular room (vs the $50 online) but I would have downgraded from Red. She said no problem & booked me the split stay with the food credit on the first part. But she did her best & did give me an option to stay at Paris for all 5 nights at no charge with the food comp.

I haven't had a bad experience as to what they can do for me. I'm sure a lot of it may be dependent on experience with working the entire system. If I had a 'newbie' I probably wouldn't have even been given the 5 night Paris option.

8. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at a hotel that had four free tickets to a local water park, but the room/ticket package was $50 more than just renting the room.

Hey marketing departments, please just use the word "included" instead of "free". If you're charging me more for the room, the tickets ain't free.

9. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be polite and keep asking questions, and you can do well on the reservation lines. For example, I was making reservations at NYNY and my offer was for three free nights and I was staying four. The rep offered me Wednesday, Thursday, Friday free and Saturday was like 200. I asked for her to check and see if I could get Thursday, Friday, Saturday free and pay for Wednesday. She indicated she didn't check that because I would have to pay a deposit for the first night since it was not free. Turns out Wednesday was only fifty bucks. I saved 150 by just asking a question.

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea Yea.....I cant blame you on that one. If I were the person telling you this...I imagine I would have stuttered the entire time telling you lol

11. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotel "sold out" but for $ it's not

I got a flyer from Harrah's Rincon offering me two free weekday nights anytime in December. When I called to book they told me that the hotel offer was sold out, but that they could offer me a room for $89/night. Can't believe that they can get away with such bait-and-switch tactics. Wonder how many "free" rooms they actually honored... 1 or 2 at the most.

12. Ashton7

Ashton7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to get those "free offers" from Cherokee Harrah's all the time and every single time I tried to book they were "sold out." Then I learned I could just come online a few months in advance, go to the reservation calendar, and book my comped nights with no problem. I don't think the ability to book several months in advance used to be available, however.

13. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The offers are usually online in advance of the mailers going out. My guess is that they only have so many offers available for each tier of players.

If I am thinking about a trip to AC or Vegas, I start checking my offers online as part of my morning routine while having coffee.

This gives you an edge on the people that wait for the flyers.

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, CET reservations follow up!!

I phoned today to book another room under the friends and family program. The girl was very helpful and seemed like she knew what she was doing. I mentioned to her that I had tried to use the resort credit on my last reservation, she said let me look after this booking. Well guess what? She did just as I had asked the first time and entered the credit into the reservation!! She also noticed that while I was comp for four of the nights, the Saturday night I was paying $60 and the rate had dropped to $48, she made the adjustment just like that!!! So a competent clerk completed both the requests that the last one said were impossible!!

That is what was frustrating, I knew what I was asking was legit and could be done!

Happy Holidays!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.