1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking for a lounge

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by KBT2012, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im a younger guy in my early 20's and I'm on a solo trip (well it is pretty much a solo trip) and I'll have some free time a night or two out of my stay coming up and I'm looking for a lounge that I can relax and enjoy a few drinks. Not really wanting to go to a club and I'm wanting to avoid any asshole bouncers since I have no women with me (at least planned) upon arrival. I'll be at Aria so I was considering checking out Hyde over at Bellagio one night or possibly Revolution over at the Mirage but I have heard that there are certain nights that are gay there? (I am not gay).

Thanks for the advice...I've never really gone out solo in Vegas but I have been many times so I know where everything is, just looking for advice or reviews on certain places.

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmopolitan has many nice lounges with some great bartenders.

3. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bar at Mandarin Oriental on the 23rd floor is pretty sweet! The lounges at Aria right off the lobby and the one by the elevators are both really nice, good piano player at the lounge by the elevators. I personally love all the bars & lounges at Cosmopolitan especially the Bond Bar the most & then there is Book & Stage and Vesper also. Bond Bar is perfect because you can get the club type feel when they are playing good music and all of the LED's are flashing and you can play video poker & get all the $15 drinks off their menu for free. I have been to Bond several times by myself and I am a guy (not gay). Great people watching there as well.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The real problem with Hyde is that it's a "club" on certain nights (I think Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday) starting at 10pm. You can freely walk in before then, but then at 10pm they start converting it to a night club -- taking out the barstools, reserving the tables for bottle service, etc. The trouble is, it's often pretty dead, then, too. So if you want to have a decent atmosphere, you have to get there early enough and then suffer through the dead time. Even on the non-club nights, Hyde can be a bit annoying after 10pm in that they purport to charge a cover (which you can negotiate past, but still), even when it's dead inside.

I would consider 1) Deuce Lounge at Aria, and 2) House of Blues Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay. The latter is absolutely phenomenal and I've found it fairly easy to talk my way in without paying a cover even on the nights when they're charging.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great tips guys, thanks! I've been to a few of the lounges at Aria but never really stayed just grabbed fast drinks. I'll have to check it out. I also want to go inside the Mandarin Oriental and see how that is.

6. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    id recommend

Napoleons Dueling pianos bar in Paris. its very laid back and not too pricey.

Or

believe it or not. The Mad Onion @ Hooters has a simple bar that has a lounge feel to it.

7. VIP UNLTD

VIP UNLTD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AS far as lounges that are a relaxed atmosphere (ie: doormen/bouncers aren't assholes) you can check out places like:

miX Ultralounge @ THE hotel at Mandalay Bay
    The Foundation Room @ Mandalay Bay
    Lilly @ the Bellagio
    Revolution Lounge @ the Mirage
    King Ink @ the Mirage
    Tabu Ultralounge @ MGM Grand
    Duece Lounge @ the Aria

Keep in mind however that these lounges all have doorguys, they just happen to be less likely to be rude/shitty on basis.

If your looking for completely chill staff yet great vibe i suggest checking out Eyecandy at Mandalay Bay, it's like a center bar that fancies itself a nightclub without the biullshit

8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend the Mandarin Bar. The views are some of the best in the city. Be aware the place is VEEErry expensive though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.