1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Steakhouse for 2 under 180?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by janda, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janda

janda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a trip in 3 days and looking for a good steak recommend. 180 for 2 with maybe a beer or wine. Some places that seem like they may work - Voodoo steak, STK, top of the world.....?

Any others?

2. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there are a lot of choices on the strip, but if you go downtown then
    Binions is good as well as Vic and Anthonys..

3. Sam D

Sam D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 more recommendations for downtown:
    Oscar's at the Plaza
    Redwood Grill at the Cal

4. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smith & Wollenski's. On strip, across from Monte Carlo. One of the best steaks I've ever had...

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definately agree with this one. I Hit Smith and Wo's every trip to vegas. They dry age their steaks in house. Steak is gonna cost you $40-50 per person. Couple glasses of wine around 10-15 each. And the sides are around $10-12 but they serve 2 easily. (try the truffled mac and cheese, it is well worth it). you can probably each get a salad or an appetizer and your bill should be in or under your budget.

Also if you have the money to splurge, try the shellfish platter. Its 35 a person but they give you each half a lobster tail, a lobster claw, a jumbo shrimp, oyster, a littleneck clam(i wasnt a huge fan of the raw clam, but they may substitue if you ask), and a mound of crabmeat. Well worth the money

definately check it out. Look for the Green and white building right next door to the walgreens if you are heading towards MGM Grand

6. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer Steak cut of the week. 48 bucks/per for three courses, with bottomless wine. Might not always be steak, but the menu changes weekly. Last week was veal osso buco.

7. Steve in RI.

Steve in RI. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If downtown, The Flame at the El Cortez will fit the bill nicely. Its a nice room without being too formal, and the steak and service were both excellent. I know the prices have gone up since my last visit in 2002, but the Circus Circus Steakhouse is still a good deal. I'm planning a possible trip in March and would return to both places. Another suggestion is the Range at Harrahs.

8. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're talking beer, not wine, you can do most of the steakhouses for about $180 for two, assuming you're not ordering the most expensive things on the menu. You could do a NY strip, share an appetizer and get a good side or two at Craft or Gallagher's and get out of there for right around that price. Wine will put you over your price point, for the most part.

9. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't eaten at Oscar's but totally agree with Redwood and would add 2nd St Grill in the Fremont. Very easy to stay within your budget.

11. VegasBaby!

VegasBaby! Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just under $200 is the price range we normally stay in (for 2) and we like Gallagher's at NYNY and The Brand at Monte Carlo. Like others have mentioned, ALWAYS share a side, if you order one at all. Plenty of food that way! And we are definitely trying Smith & Wo's next month!

12. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tender at Luxor would be real easy to do, even with wine or cocktails for under 180

13. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with Binions Downtown. And I had a great meal at Flemings - just off the strip. Both should be in your budget assuming you don't go crazy with the booze. Don't go to the Top of the World if you want high quality steaks. It is a nice place and a one time must do for a special dinner (go just before sunset), but there are a lot of better places for steak in Vegas.

14. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - share a side. In fact, if you and your dinning partner are in synch with your preferences, most of the time you can share on whole meal. Share an appetizer (ok, maybe order two) ceasar salad (usually huge) and a side or two. Pick out the 16 ounce strip or the 12 ounce filet and it will be plenty. My wife and I do this a lot at the Palm and Capital Grill or other high end steakhouses and have no problem.

15. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote would be for Binions Ranch Steakhouse, Second Street Grill, Emblers at Quad and Circus Circus Steakhouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.