1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Keurig Coffeemakers in Caesars properties?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sammasseur, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During my last stay at the RIO, they had Keurig machines for use, and they charged you for using the individual cups. I'd like to bring my own this time, but am splitting my stay between a GO room at Flamingo and a classic room at Harrahs. Is this standard for their properties, or just a feature at Rio?

2. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about Harrah's as it has been about 5 years since I stayed there, but when I stayed at the Flamingo in a GO room in May, and in August they do not have Keurigs, they are little individual serving size makers, but not Kuerig.

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! :nworthy:

4. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome :) I always bring those little indiv. packets of creamer and a couple packs of sugar cause they don't put enough in the little packages. LOL.

ETA: I didn't know they had Keurigs at the Rio and was kicking myself cause I could have brought some K Cups!! heehee

5. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anyone know if you can buy the k-cups, sugar and creamer at Walgreens or CVS on the strip? I believe Caesars has them in the Augustus Tower, and it might be worth buying some instead of buying them in the room.

Maybe I will just buy some at Dunkin Donuts. Hopefully they taste as good as the coffee you buy at the counter there.

6. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last two times we stayed at the Plaza, they had those coffee makers. As a matter of fact, one of those times we had a two bedroom suite and all three of the rooms had them. We would just ask the housekeeper for a few more and they would gladly give them to us. Also, we do tip them daily, with or without the extras.

7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past October, stayed at both Rio and Harrah's. Rio had Keurig coffee makers; however, the Harrah's Premium Room did not. They offered only a single cup coffee maker in the bathroom.

Regarding getting K-cups, I usually bring my own as it's easier, cheaper and you're drinking what you like in the AM or PM...

Annual Golf Trip
  8. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever think about buying the refillable K-Cup and just buying the coffee grounds? May be more economic to bring a small cup of ground from home then paying for k-cups around town.

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd love to see more hotels include these in the room. I suspect the prices will have to come down a bit before they will though.

We have a hotel on the coast that we love. They recently put the Keurigs in the rooms and we LOVE them. They sell others in the lobby, but they always give us a handful or two of the k-cups when we ask for them. It's so nice to have a coffee in the morning without having to shower and get dressed first.

I'm usually hesitant to use the single serve coffee pots in the rooms because I am easily skeeved out when I imagine things the people did in the room before me. :yuck: But the Keurig feels like it is less gross to me.

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always wipe out the insides of the single-serves with some tissue and run a few cycles of water through them first.

11. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought I was the only one that did that!
    I'll use a towel to wipe them out with, run a cycle of water through, then leave the lid open so it can dry out and be ready for me to use in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.