1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Newbie question about community slots

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Joanner, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanner

Joanner Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at a community slot machine yesterday. It was one of the Monopoly ones.

I was playing and a lady sat down and started playing the machine next to mine. She seems nice enough until she told me I was playing way too fast (no I wasn't; not like I was playing in a tournament). She said I needed to let the timer at the top of the screen cycle down before I hit the play button. Otherwise, the faster you play, the timer keeps going up. I was unable to understand her rationale for that. She was hitting her button about every 10 seconds or so which drove me crazy as she kept hammering at me that I was playing too fast. :confused2:

So can anyone explain why you wait until the timer cycles down? She was waiting until it got down to about 12 seconds left before she hit the button.

Hope I described this right. I finally gave up after a short while and left to go play another machine. :rolleyes2:

2. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my recent play of community games, I always found that when I bet faster my multiplier stayed higher.
    So goes the other way when I would slow down my multiplier went down too.

It may be different for your machines you played I'm not sure, just my experience.

3. lpearl

lpearl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are better sources than me, but iirc from that machine, there's a timer in the top corner. When you bet, the timer goes up, but it caps at a point. So if you play too fast, you don't add anything to the timer. The timer is how long after you stop playing you can still get in on community games.
    Now, there's also multipliers on that game. The faster you play, the higher the multiplier for your win, if a community game starts, but again, it caps.

4. Joanner

Joanner Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I did notice that when I showed down, I kept getting multipliers of just 1, whereas before, I could get higher than that, like 4. The guy on the other side of the slow lady was getting 4. When I asked about that, the slow lady next to me said that was because he was playing 4 credits per line, and I was playing 1 credit per line thus my multiplier would be 1, as was hers. I was playing all lines, but at 1 credit per line.

I think she was full of it. Glad I left her to her 1 multiplier all the time.

5. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are getting a single multiplier you are playing one credit,if you are getting a 2x multiplier you are playing 2 credits etc.

If you wait for the timer to almost run out between pushes you are eligible for the community bonus round if another player gets one.

6. Joanner

Joanner Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "If you wait for the timer to almost run out between pushes you are eligible for the community bonus round if another player gets one."

I still don't understand. Why would I want to wait for the timer to almost run out? That was essentially what she said I should be doing. But by doing that, I would be pushing the button about 9 or 10 seconds and that is a long time to wait. Aren't I eligible for the community bonus even if the timer says I have 40 seconds?

7. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate people that "know" how to play slots correctly... here's the deal, with this type of game, your multiplier is initially based on your base credit amount, so if it's 50 cents and you bet times 1 then you have a 1x multiplier. The FASTER you play keeps the timer up...if it reaches the cap, generally 30 seconds, and you play fast enough then you can temporarily increase the multiplier...generally to twice your base...sometimes more but I have rarely seen that. So it's possible to play fast enough to keep a 2x multiplier on a 1x bet... she was playing the timer to maximize being bonus eligible (you are not eligible when the timer runs out...also why it makes you wait to cash out if you have time left...I've hit a community bonus waiting to cash out with 1 second left for example). She was letting the timer run down to keep her multiplier intact without having to play as many spins...what she was losing out on was the possibility for a higher multiplier. That can cost more sure, but you can also win more.

Play how you want...I just tell these people that I like playing this way and good luck to them. If they persist, I get rude. :)

8. texdan17

texdan17 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate people that "know" how to play slots correctly... here's the deal, with this type of game, your multiplier is initially based on your base credit amount, so if it's 50 cents and you bet times 1 then you have a 1x multiplier. The FASTER you play keeps the timer for community bonus eligibility UP...if it reaches the cap, generally 30 seconds, and you play fast enough then you can temporarily increase the multiplier...generally to twice your base...sometimes more but I have rarely seen that.

So it's possible to play fast enough to keep a 2x multiplier on a 1x bet... she was playing the timer to maximize being bonus eligible (you are not eligible when the timer runs out...also why it makes you wait to cash out if you have time left...I've hit a community bonus waiting to cash out with 1 second left for example). She was letting the timer run down to keep her multiplier intact without having to play as many spins...what she was losing out on was the possibility for a higher multiplier. That can cost more sure, but you can also win more.

Play how you want...I just tell these people that I like playing this way and good luck to them. If they persist, I get rude. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.