1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Good eats for girls near east Fremont?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Odelay77, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone. I know there are a million posts/threads about downtown restaurants, but I'm looking for something kind of specific and I've never been downtown before.

My fiancee and I are planning our bachelor/bachelorette parties downtown in a couple of weeks. Me and my guys are hitting the Golden Nugget for Monday Night Football and then Vic and Anthony's for steaks. The girls are gonna do a bar/club crawl through east Fremont (downtown cocktail room, beauty bar, don't tell mama, and others around that block), but they need a place to eat first. Steakhouses are plentiful, but I think they'd rather hit a more casual, cool place if it exists (plus there are a couple of vegetarians...). Any suggestions? They'll all be dressed up and won't want to walk very far, so location (a block or so from all the east Fremont bars) is a PREMIUM. We've been through all of the usual suspects (Oscars, Binions, Triple George, 777, Flame, etc.), but can't find anything with the location AND style we're looking for. I know we're being overly picky and she'll probably have to settle for something less than ideal (a precursor for our upcoming nuptials, perhaps...), but I'm just throwing this out there to get some suggestions from the always-helpful VMB'ers! Thanks in advance for any tips!

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there's two obvious picks for a younger scene:

The first option is Le Thai, which is right in the middle of the east fremont bar scene. It's really popular hipster place to eat before the bars. The food is great and they serve alcohol. Vegetarians should love this restaurant as well. Assuming you're okay with Thai, I think this is the place you're looking for. I can't recommend Le Thai enough.

Another pick is Mob Bar, which is Triple George's younger cousin next door. It's a bit of a walk from east fremont, but not too bad. The atmosphere is a bit younger and more fun than your usual downtown restaurant. The food is good (small bites and I think you can order Triple George's items, but I'm not sure) and they make great cocktails as well.

Good luck!

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's Luna Rossa in Neonopolis, which is certainly more casual than a steakhouse but still has a pretty fancy look about it. They wouldn't look completely out of place there if they were all gussied up, and you're literally one block from Fremont East. There are also the bars under the big pint (Mickey Finnz, Brass Lounge, Hennessey's Tavern), but that's probably more casual than what they're looking for.

4. Odelay77

Odelay77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, Le Thai looks perfect. Any idea if they take reservations? Their website doesn't seem to be working...

5. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they do but you can always try calling them: (702) 778-0888

6. Louton25

Louton25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heart Attack Grill.
    NOTHING sexier than some cute girls slamming down a Quadruple Bypass burger!

7. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Thai, although the place really is quite small.

There is a nice outdoor area.....if the weather allows.

Have you considered Hennessey's? It is much more spacious, very close, and more likely to take
    reservations for a group.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Pop hit it dead-center but I have one small suggestion. Depending on how large your group, you may want to head to Triple George for dinner/apps and congregate in the cool 30's style bar at either place for cocktails. Mob Bar is a bit small but Pop is correct, they sever food from next door. One plus with heading to Triple and Mob, you can stop in at Hogs n Heifers(sp) and have a loud time.

9. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Fremont East but I would recommend Triple George as well.Then an after dinner drink at Hogs n Heifers

10. gkbiiii

gkbiiii MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps dinner at Second Street Grill, at Fremont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.