1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio Incidentals?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by nadizzy, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadizzy

nadizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so I am pretty sure I think I want to book a room at Rio for 4 nights. Does anyone recall how much per night they hold on your card for incidentals once you check in?

Also, right now for Thursday Dec 13 to Monday Dec 17 is $173 for the Deluxe Studio suite..I might wait to see if there's possibly any Black Friday/Cyber Monday special they might have. Is this a decent rate for Rio?

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at the Rio a couple times and usually get it comped the Total Rewards. If you have a TR account you might want to check it out even if you don't gamble much you may be able to get a better rate. But $173 isn't too bad for 4 nights. I would definitely suggest trying the $20 front desk trick and asking for a complimentary upgrade to a premium suite in the Impenema tower. GREGRIO is a good contact on the board for Rio info as he is very knowledgeable about the property.

As for the incidentals it is usually $100 a night if you want to allow room service charges, movies, mini bar etc or you can get $200 flat rate if you want to limit it to mini bar and movies. Sometimes if you ask politely and let them know you do not want to charge to your room then they will waive the incidentals fee all together. Definitely worth the shot.

Overall it is a pretty nice property, I've stayed there based on the room size because I've had a few people in each room but being in my mid-20s I'd much rather stay on the strip if possible. But the Rio is always fun and will always be a stop on every Vegas trip because so many of my first Vegas experiences occurred there.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - I assume you have logged into CET to see what rates you can get on all properties (NOT OFFERS).

2 - If this is a good offer, then go for it. Personally, I would not stay off strip, even at $50-$100 a night savings.

3 - Incidentals? Hold? Never get this issue, but you should read a few threads about it, including this one that is current.

4. nadizzy

nadizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooowee so I really really looked at how far Rio was from the strip and twas a no go for me. I booked a room at Bally's and will keep checking out prices and change if I see a better offer come along but at least I have a room for now! With us being in our 20's as well, we definitely want to easily roam all over the strip.

Thanks for the help! :nworthy:

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's probably a good choice. I think you'll enjoy the strip much more. If you can find a good rate, Planet Hollywood is a great place for us 20-somethings. Much younger, upbeat crowd and great location. It's my new Vegas home. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hold for either hotel is $100/per night, IIRC.

7. Ask4alarcon

Ask4alarcon Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try cyber12 code. Great deals. Got a room at rio for 16.00 1st night Dec 6. 3nights total. Also for deposit it's 100 ea night on credit card or 200 cash flat rate

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the code yesterday and got four nights in Feb, including Friday and Saturday, for less than $60 avg per night. Even downtown places were $55. Without the code it would have been $89 per night. Glad I checked my emails and got the cyberMonday offer.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.