1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WiFi and comps?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that MSS is installing Cox Cable and WiFi, they are going to be billing WiFi directly to the rooms, rather than the outside provider they had before. Service is optional.
    Just wondering if that could be comped? We are full RFB at MSS, so if I charged it to the room, would they comp it? Since it's optional, it's different than a resort fee.

I know, I know, just email my host and ask...but I wanted some ammunition before I do.

2. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, we stayed at Boulder Station last month on a comp. When I tried to hookup the free (with resort fee) wireless, I couldn't do it. I went to the front desk and they said that I had to pay $5.99 because there wasn't a resort fee with my comp.

However, when we left, the wireless bill had been removed. I'm pretty sure that my host had it removed though. So, my answer to your question is, I don't know.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the most concise answers I've had on VMB! :evillaugh

4. TFK

TFK High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Spike where the wifi is included in your resort fee. I was comped, so I didn't pay the fee, but for those who do, free wifi makes a resort fee a little more palatable.

TFK

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update

I received an email reply from GM at MSS and the hosts will not be able to comp WiFi once they switch to Cox in the rooms. He says it is a "hard cost" to the hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.