1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

luxor check in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by longerz, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longerz

longerz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Came to vegas last june and it took us 3 hours to check in , is it always like that we have booked same date again june 6th next year any tips for checking in faster?

2. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what time did you try to check in? some times it's best to bell check your bags, go to lunch or dinner and come back when the crowds are gone. might cost you a $1 tip but what is your vacation time worth?

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I soon as I saw the title, I immediately thought back a dozen years to the time I first checked into Luxor. Without a doubt, it was the slowest check-in I've experienced in the 27+ years I've been going to Vegas (including over two dozen different hotels); and evidently, it hasn't gotten much better!

4. smac

smac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at MGM Grand in June 2012 from the 1st to the 5th and that was when the big computer fiasco took place and people couldn't check in or out. I can't recall when the problems were resolved but they were still having issues after I got back home. Perhaps that would explain your 3 hour check in? I would hope 3 hours isn't typical.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is always like that.

I've stayed at Luxor arriving at times from 8AM to 9PM and there has always been a big line up at the front desk... have walked through their lobby as late as 1:30-2AM and still seen a line up.

For checking in faster:

If you are there on any kind of MLife offer you can use the VIP/Invited Guest check in (when facing the front desk it will be on the far right). A lot of people think this line is for high rollers and such, but if you have any kind of MLife offer you are an "Invited Guest" and can use this line.

Otherwise if you are using the normal check in the only thing you can really do is if they have the main line broken up in to multiple lines is have you in one line and whoever you are with in the other line(s) and hope one of them moves faster.

At most other hotels in Las Vegas the answer might be "Just check your bags with the bell desk and then from time to time check in on the front desk and if you see a short line pop over and check in... or if you can, wait until an off peak time when it is less busy" but unfortunately that doesn't really work at Luxor because there is constantly a long line at seemingly all hours of the day, except maybe the very wee hours of the night, but then who wants to wait until 3AM to check in?

6. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    or better yet stay elsewhere but only problem with that is mgm owns half the strip now.

7. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you were there the first weekend or second weekend in june (i cant remember which it was) the reason it took so long is bc there was a computer shutdown for all MGM Proporties.. MGM, Excaliber, NYNY all were the same.. they were having to check everyone in with paper no computers..

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM has the worst computer system going. And, it appears they have replaced with with one that is worse. Wonder how much money they cost themselves with extended manpower hours fighting their system. And that is just the frontdesk.

9. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just go later... That's really my only advice

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow... interesting thread... easily the longest waits for check-in I've ever had in Las Vegas were the couple times I stayed at Luxor, though I must admit I enjoyed the property a lot.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't the check in woman on the MGM episode of Undercover Boss complain about them to the CEO on there?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.