1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Toronto to Vegas flight costs?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by eloisegirl, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip to LV we booked a package for $715 CDN, 3 nights at MB, $75 F & B, flight and taxes, as well as shuttle to and from LAS/hotel. Now we have an offer from a host, 4 nights, limo, nice of FP so we just need to book a flight. When I check the flights, it's on average 555CDN roundtrip inc taxes from YYZ to LAS. Are there any folks from the Big Smoke who know of better deals or times to fly? Or is $555 about right? Thanks for any help!

2. smac

smac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of Pearson and usually start looking for deals through Westjet about three to four months in advance. I would recommend signing up to receive email notices from them. They have sales every so often. They recently had a sale for $98 + tax one way. I think it would have been $350 return but the flights were between Nov and March. Of course, my next trip isn't until April.

The last two trips I booked were around $430-$450. One word of caution, if you compare prices with Air Canada and you plan on taking checked baggage, it will cost you an extra $25 each way.

3. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't look for flights out of Toronto all the time, but when I do they're generally in the $350-$450 price range on sale. You might want to include looking at Buffalo in your search if there are two of you. You can find flights under $300 but that's not worth the extra money in gas unless you can split the cost with somebody.

Lately, flights to Vegas have been cheaper out of Ottawa than Toronto and even Buffalo. Although if you're willing to drive four hours to Ottawa, you might as well drive four hours the other way to Detroit and get a direct flight through Delta instead.

4. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to suggest Buffalo as well. Its not always a better deal.
    i flew from Buffalo for $275 that year as opposed to $550 out of Toronto.
    Also airport parking was about $50 as opposed to double that or more out of Toronto.
    I also prefer customs at the border. As well security also moves much more quickly.

I need a vacation from my vacations
  5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    555$ seems like a lot to me i was suppose to to do quebec city/tor and tor/vegas it was 433$ round trip with air canada

Flight time got changed and im now going through montreal instead still at 433$

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you tried to use Kayak to search for your flights? That will show fares and give you choices of multiple airports in your region.

7. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a lot also depends on when you're going as well.
    we're booked for mid-March, which is quite expensive b/c its during March Break for all the schools and such.
    We booked on Westjet (through itravel2000) in mid-October for about $700 (incl tax), which seemed kind of high, but looking at the same flights yesterday, the flights that we booked are now just a little below $1000 :faint:

flying out of Buffalo is always an option, but there are added costs as well- gas, possibly hotel, that sort of thing, not to mention the added time. The long and short of it is, we get absolutely screwed flying out of Canada, with the much higher taxes and lack of any significant competition with regards to airlines.

8. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Southwest out of Buffalo all the time...I am going to Vegas in February and paid $297 total return. I love flying out of Buffalo...would totally recommend it!!

GO ARGOS!

9. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it really depends on your flexibility with days of the week, and night flights. I usually pay 400ish all taxes and fees in. I never consider any of the US carriers with connections out of Pearson, too much can go wrong, and don't forget baggage fees.

550 might not be bad if you are inflexible with days you are flying, like on weekends or earlier flights. and if you are flying soon, within 6 weeks or so.

10. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm within 20 mins of YYZ so the idea of driving a few hours to save money would feel weird to me when I live so close. I guess you just gotta keep checking the websites on a daily basis. thanks for all the info!

11. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone else who also lives about 15-20 minutes from Pearson I totally understand where you're coming from with making the drive to BUF. First time I went to Vegas I had to pay for the flight so I looked around for the cheapest way of getting there and ended up flying out of BUF on JetBlue. I ended up saving about $200 on the flight as opposed to flying out of YYZ. It wasn't a direct flight so I ended up spending a lot more time traveling than I would have liked. Factoring in the 75 minutes drive to and from BUF plus gas and parking and I don't think it was worth it in the long run. The only airline that flies direct from BUF to LAS is Southwest but again you have to consider if the drive/parking/gas is worth the savings if any.

Defiantly sign up for Westjet's emails. They recently had a sale a few weeks ago that knocked the price down to $98 each way. Normally the flights range anywhere from $190-220 each way I've noticed so your price of $555 seems about right.

Do you collect AirMiles or Aeroplan?

12. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely understand...everything has its pros and cons...parking in Lot B in Buffalo is alot cheaper than parking in Toronto.

The one thing that we do when we fly out of Buffalo is make it into a day trip...we shop and hit the restaurants like Olive Garden before we come home...also I totally love not having to go through customs in the airport...gotta love the grab your bags and go...and one more thing...with Southwest you get 2 bags each for free...we love it!!

:beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.