1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guitar/Music store

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 75VWnut, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 75VWnut

75VWnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need help in locating a good guitar store for a friend of mine. She is flying into LV from the Netherlands to see Shania's opening weekend; and while she is in town she wants to purchase a guitar. She'll be staying at Caesar's and will not have a car, i.e. she'll be using her feet, taking a taxi or riding the bus to get around. I told her that there is not any guitar shops within walking distance to her hotel, and suggested that she take the bus up to Town Square and visit Guitar Center there.

I've also located another shop that has been featured on Pawn Stars called Cowtown Guitars. It'd be a short taxi ride to get there and after viewing their web site, it looks like they have both new and used guitars. I'm planning on letting her know about the store but wanted to hear from you all if anyone knows of a good guitar store in town.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just passed a really large Sam Ash Music store on Maryland Prkwy the other day, just south of Sahara on the west side of the street. I sure wouldn't walk it, though it could be done... should be an inexpensive cab ride.

3. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My DH is a guitar player and he loves to go to Cowtown Music. They have new & used and some of their used stuff are items that have been owned by rock stars and when they are tired of them, they put them on consignment at Cowtown. Although, when I say "rock star" I use the term loosely. Most of the time it's people that only a guitar player would know, like studio guitarists who don't have big names, but people in the industry would know.

I've only been there once a long time ago. It wasn't a huge place, so if she wants a bigger selection, rather than a cool local-type experience, Guitar Center or Sam Ash would be better.

4. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ed Romans is the way to go.

Tell her to bring cash, they love to deal in cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.