1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Tiffany Jewelry

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by schwaiguy, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife has decided she would like some Tiffany Jewelry. I guess I may eventually want a fancy watch for special occasions. Both of us want to get the best deal, and we would both be happy to buy used. What would our best bet be? A Vegas pawn shop?

I walked into the Bvlgari store once in CP, and the guy said, "It's only $8,000." For me, that's a car.

Schwaiguy

2. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better yet -- put the money you would spend in a good no-load mutual fund.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tiffany's jewelry is not that expensive...you can get some nice jewelry under $1000.00. Go to the Tiffany's at the Bellagio and ask for Nancy she is very nice and will help you out (that is if she still works there).

4. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could buy Tiffany's on eBay (if it is a trusted seller, etc) and then just surprise her with a piece IN Vegas.... I have a friend proudly dripping in Tiffany bracelets which she bought on eBay.

5. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Better yet you could buy a tiffany box on ebay and put whatever you want in it.

Just sayin.

6. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    eloisegirl, she was looking, but she doesn't know to avoid being ripped off.

C0usineddiem LOL!

7. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you know what you are doing I would avoid Ebay.

Tiffany is widely counterfeited - and an auction with the "receipt" & the box & the bow mean nothing the counterfeiters reproduce everything and will frequently use real Tiffany in their photos but send you crap.

I am a minor reseller of Louis Vuitton on Ebay. I have bought & sold Tiffany on ebay but only bought from people I know to be sellers of authentic goods or items I am very familiar with. I have also bought authentic Tiffany at a pawn shop - in Houston, River Oaks & only because they guaranteed it to be authentic.

If you buy used you can have it checked out at Tiffany by taking it in for a cleaning - they won't accept it if it's fake.

It's a decent investment - a diamond necklace I got 5 years ago has nearly doubled in price & I can sell it on ebay now for more than I paid.

When we Were Young
  8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that goes for pawn shops as well... I love goin' into Nevada's shops, but always chicken-out buying jewelry, cause I know so little about it and am afraid I'll get taken advantage of...:eek:

9. eloisegirl

eloisegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One great place to find Tiffany is at a high-end clothing resale shop. I have a Tiffany oval pendant "return to tiffany" for which I paid $130 when it was listing for $260 on the website. I took it to Tiffany's and had my initials engraved on it - they do a great polishing job so that your silver looks brand new.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is she looking just to have something from Tiffany's or looking for something in particular?

Just asking because Tiffany's DOES have lower cost items. I have gotten my sister a silver necklace from there for $200 before (Forum Shops), and at the time they had a display case of their lower cost gift items.

If just having something from Tiffany fits the bill, you might find something right there. Is she wants something specific and fancier, or something with a trademark Tiffany look, then used might make more sense.

As for the watch, I don't know why you'd limit yourself to Tiffany's. Tons of fancy watch brands and used sellers for them to choose from.

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsup: and fortunately for me, my wife thinks the same way.:thumbsup:

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out their website. You probably can't get a watch for less than a grand but for jewelry, you can get some decent things that would be easily be recognized as Tiffany's without being too spendy.

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My advise is to buy their Silver chain necklace that says Tiffany. Make sure you get the light blue box because that is part of the fun of buying a Tiffany piece of Jewelry.
    Just go to a Tiffany Jewelry store and buy it for your wife for Christmas.

The main fun of a person owning a piece of Tiffany jewelry is saying to friends that it was bought at Tiffany's.

I think silver is the cheapest piece of jewelry that they sell. People who know what Tiffany jewelry looks like will be able to tell that it was bought
    at Tiffany when they see a design by Tiffany. It doesn't have to have the
    Tiffany name on it for me to know that it is a Tiffany design. LucyR.

14. schwaiguy

schwaiguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got her the piece she liked off of ebay for $130. It looks beautiful. She said the piece was originally $400, so we're both happy.

It says Tiffany & Co.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.