1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Incidentals charges?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Jenx72, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all. Okay Heading to vegas in Feb for the first time. Since I have a Total rewards card and play often in Biloxi,Ms. My Hotel room for 4 nights at Harrahs is comped. When I made the reservations I was charged Zero. Now will a incidental charge be made on my card when i get there or would that already been done?

2. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey there. All the hotels are very good about all that stuff. They will ask for a credit card when you check in. Put a $100 or $50 temp. charge on it. If you don't charge anything to your room or damage anything they will let the temp. charge expire. :drunk:

3. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok thanks! and off the subject how do you get that neat little countdown counter you have?

4. Kem59

Kem59 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Post 15 times. Then go to your User CP and click on the count down timer. Follow the instructions. Any trouble drop me a note I will walk you through it.:drunk:

5. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much Kem! Your a gem!:thumbsup:

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Harrahs, most of the lower end joints will waive the incidental hold if you are there on a comp. You only have to leave a cc number on file if you want room deposits or a cash deposit if you want PPV and the phone turned on. For CP, you have to leave a deposit.

7. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jenx72, as someone who has stayed at TR properties on comps on multiple occasion it is safe to say you will have to have a hold placed for incidentals. TR usually has two options, one is $100 a day for room service, mini bar, phone, TV movies, etc or $100 total for your stay for just TV and phone. The second option you usually have to mention or they will proceed with the first. I usually opted for the second one on my stays as I am barely ever in my room anyways so I have no reason to use those amenities.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never ask. Comp or paid, I show up at desk and give them my ID an credit card. Always. Never an issue.

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had back to back reservations at Caesars last year, one in each of our names. They would not totally waive the hold even if we promised to think of the mini bar as a blind spot, but it was reasonable, something like $100 total. Problem was that they held it from each of our cards, since it was two reservations. They were very nice about it at the desk. Bent over backwards to help us with the back to back, and we ended up in the Augustus Tower, but mainly due to the luck of the draw.

10. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do folks even worry about the hold? Not like it costs anything, right?

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIUC, Unless you ask, CET holds something like $100 per night. That can really eat in to your available funds on a longer trip, particularly if you just rented a car on the same card!

12. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or if you don't use a credit card and rely on a debit card. My first trip to Vegas a few years back, I was still hesitant to get a credit card and had to put the hold on my debit card so at $100 x 4 nights = $400 would have came out of my budget had I not asked for the $100 flat rate. So can definitely put a damper on a trip if you aren't aware of the situation and your options.

13. Jenx72

Jenx72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for your replies. Reason I was asking is because I am having to use a debit card. I need to make sure the funds are there, I cannot afford any "surprizes" LOL! We are saving like crazy for this trip.Since this is going to be our first time there I am trying to get an Idea of a budget from reading and I have come to the conclusion that one can never have enough money in Vegas LOL!

14. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is true, there is never enough money for Vegas lol. I am sure the property will be accommodating, just let them know you are using a debit card and would like the incidentals hold to be as small as possible. Hope you have a great trip!

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always take at least two credit cards in case of some emergency, etc. Being tied up with a debit card with very limited funds would require us to postpone a trip.

16. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At harrahs if you tell them you dont want to be able to charge to your room and ask that the incidental charge be waived they will charge nothing in my experience. That may be based on previous play but If you call them and explain the situation you have they should be able to give you the policy just call the front desk at harrahs and not the reservation line as the reservation line will tell you there is an incidental hold even if it can be waived at check in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.