1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

southwest airlines 1 day sale TODAY

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TheHangover, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an email today you can save like 40% on wanna get away airfare must travel on Tuesdays or Wednesdays 12/11-2/12 some blackout dates apply use code EARLYDEAL

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Just jumped on it for a $138 RT (all fees included) from Milwaukee to Salt Lake City. This is one of best sales I've seen in years.
    Only drawback is Tuesday/Wedenesday usage.

3. TheHangover

TheHangover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CHEF

Have you flown SW before? If so are they a pretty decent airline choice?

I am debating still should I jump on this deal and have 1 stop each way or pay more for nonstop delta.....I have never flown so I have been trying to research plus when I go it will be solo so I have been a little nervous to make the commitment. :rolleyes2:

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW is a pretty good airline.

But personally I always look for the non-stop flights. You'd probably need to be saving me $200 round trip before I considered a connection.

Flying makes for a long travel day. Not just in the flight time, but in driving to the airport, getting there 2 hrs early, waiting for the flight, waiting at baggage claim, and getting to your hotel. Adding a connection just adds to that wear and tear.

It is also an extra 2-3 hours each way of your vacation that you aren't spending doing vacation things.

Just my 2 cents.

5. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I would prefer a non-stop flight over stops, Southwest would be my choice for either. I like 737's and hate commuter aircraft; they have all 737's. Their airports are often smaller so less hassles; their planes are clean and comfortable and employees love their jobs. I tried them once and do not want to fly with anyone else. All myh flights but one left on time and most arrive early. Baggage retrieval is faster than any other airline I have used and normally, you just cannot beat their prices PLUS, you can cancel and rebook flights without a penalty, yu can rebook and get a credit if your airfare comes down in price, and bags fly free! I believe they consistently show up high in customer satisfaction, and I actually like their boarding system.

Jimbo338

6. rei477s

rei477s Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man I jsut booked last week looks like time to cancel and rebook.

7. gubilxix

gubilxix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had to pull the trigger on this one. $242 RT from Columbus, OH. Hello [STRIKE]Super [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Bowl[/STRIKE] Big Game Party!

8. ez369

ez369 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked this morning for 12/12/12 trip to Vegas with the discount!

9. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Sorry for the delay. Absolutely SWA is a decent airline choice. Jump on the deal if you haven't already.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, TheHangover:
    That's what's so nice here......someone is always watching for deals and alerts the forum. I stopped in at the library after coffee this morning as i do most mornings and checked in here. Yipes, a 24 hour sale.....prices are great and I spend a good part of the day weighing options. I bought my original flight about a week after SWA extended its reservations into March (back in July). Prices had just dropped back and I booked my flight out and my flight back separately for a total of $360.00. That was high but I got the days and the times that I wanted to attend my trade show and had hopes that perhaps prices may come down as these were about the most I have paid for a RT to LV from NH in my 19 trips.

I checked the one day special and if I went a day later and left a day later I could fly as cheap as $172RT, by arriving at 2:15 pm or $203.00 RT if I take the earliest pland and arrive at 10:45 am. This would require me to change my class schedule ( I teach driver ed) and could affect my reservations at Gold Spike. I called GS and checked my Confirmation #. They were quite cordial and confirmed my dates and price ($252.56 for 8 nights with resort fees and taxes)> I asked if the rate would be the same if I changed the dates by one day. They said yes, no problem.

I decided to just change the flight coming home but when I went to rebook I realized that those rates were for just round trip bookings so I would have to cancel both legs of my flight and rebook the entire trip. If I did that I would lose my $20 Early Bird Check In. Then I checked on the Jackpot Deals but when you do those you cannot use the credits for cancelling flights on SWA but I did learn something interesting about El Cortez which I will post in Downtown Hotels later.

So I considered the prices, schedules, my show times and decided to simply change my return trip to an earlier flight. This would leave my hotel reservation alone, would not interfere with my classes or other appointments, I would avoid Denver, save $50 and get me home at a more reasonable time.....less trouble finding a ride or saving me a day's parking fee. I did make the change and so my total airfare stands at $245.00....not a bad price from the east coast to be in LV in the am and allowing enough time for a good breakfast, checkout, riding the WAX to the airport and flying home at 9:30am.

I still have 9 weeks or so and you know I will check flight prices every day for hopes of saving more. I have a credit of $115 so can look for another getaway before July 20th. Thanks again to TheHangover for posting the sale prices; I hope others were able to save some $$$.

Jimbo338

11. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They hooked me! Vegas Baby! Two round trips (nonstop) early morning MKE departure, late afternoon LAS departure - Milwauakee to Vegas for two people, $367.20. AMAZING!

Tuesday Jan 15th to Wednesday Jan 23

4 days at the timeshare (my wifes favorite prt of the trip) , 3 days comped at Bellagio, still deciding about downtown, or the hinterlands for the remaining day, their comps are more last minute than the strip. Or we might stay at a CET one night, but I like to mix in one night of Downtown.

I notice they repeat sales sometimes, keep your eyes open, this was the Cheapest I ever hit!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
    15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.