1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont East

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Snowbelle3, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you know about it?

My research shows that these bars and lounges have their own unique personalities. I would love to enjoy them and I am interested in identifying those without cover charges and without a pretentious vibe. What is your favorite?

2. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really, we've only spent any time in the Downtown Cocktail Room, which one could argue has a pretentious vibe, but the people were friendly and the drinks were great. We'll likely hit more of them this trip as we're spending two nights instead of one downtown.

For more information, I'd suggest FremontStreetBars.com.

3. VIP UNLTD

VIP UNLTD Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Freemont East

is a great section of the city to kick it in, you should check out Insert Coins ( think video arcade meets bar) The Griffin is chill and laid back and kind of like an old world wine cellar vibe to it, The Beauty Bar is a hipster hangout with dj's and whatnot, The Downtown Cocktail lounge is trendy and has some great craft cocktails, and there's a couple places that just opened that i haven't had a chance to check out yet.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bars of East Fremont do definitely have their own personalities, but I haven't found any to be pretentious enough to make me uncomfortable. What you like is probably going to be as much a function of what you want to drink as the atmosphere itself. If you want to grab a beer or a basic drink and catch some entertainment then check out Don't Tell Mama. If you are looking for a craft cocktail (typically variations on classic cocktails) then Downtown Cocktail Lounge or Vanguard is a good choice. If you want a true classic cocktail made the way it was before the second world war (or maybe even the first) then, believe it or not, you best bet downtown is the Parlour Lounge inside the El Cortez. For good Patron Margaritas and a tiki atmosphere with tables you can people watch from try Mickie Finnz.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Beauty Bar does not have a cover, at least on the nights I've been in there.

It's far more downscale than I expected, but has a friendly regular crowd. Usually a band.

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the info everyone!!

7. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Downtown Cocktail Room as well, and went early enough to get a booth in the back. I had read about the smoke, which was offputting, but I found the ventilation coupled with the transient nature of the patrons gave us a "breather" now and again, if you will. Don't think I'd like to sit at the bar as a non-smoker, though.

Music was good, and drinks were interesting. I really wanted to order one of the punches for a large group, but we didn't have the numbers. Maybe this time around!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.