1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria - MLife offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by pikabu, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YOUR ARIA WINTER ESCAPE

•Enjoy 3 complimentary nights in an Innovative Room and VIP invited guest check-in
    •$100 Resort credit
    •Stay prior to December 29, 2012 and you can take advantage of this offer again before February 28, 2013
    ===================================================

No, my question is, I thought the VIP invited guest check-in was for their Sky Suites only and their invited guest check-in was for other comps?

Is this just a mistake and am I too [STRIKE]anal[/STRIKE]? I'll rephrase - is this just an error in their writing?

Thanks!

2. Club81

Club81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can check in there. It's right next to normal check-in.

3. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The VIP check-in is not the same check-in that Sky Suites use.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same offer. So is there a difference between VIP Invited guest check in (my winter offer) and Invited guest check in (fall offer).

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Aria they have a Skysuites check in but its near the back and that is not the one they are referring to in your email.

The VIP check in they are referring to is when you get to Aria you go to the main check in and then at the far left end of the check in counter is a small separated check in area that will say MLIFE/VIP. That is where you go for VIP and invited guest check in.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Related question, then: where would an mLife Gold/Platinum check in at Aria? At Bellagio last time, I didn't notice any particular signs, but I got in so early that normal check-in wasn't even open, so I just used the Invited Guest line because that was the only one not marked for check-out.

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in the Sky Suites several times, and this past September I tried a Panoramic Corner Suite (with the VIP check in). The difference is this:

When you book a Sky Suite, it comes with complimentary limo transport to and from the hotel. The limo takes you in through a back entrance and the bellman will take your luggage. You then enter into the lounge where the Sky Suite check in is, which is completely separate from the rest of the hotel. The elevators to the Sky Suites are there as well. Even when there is a small line, it is much less chaotic than the regular main check in. In the lounge there is seating and an assortment of complimentary pastries and beverages that are replenished throughout the day (I love this, as it is always good for a quick bite on the way out before starting the day as I generally only eat one or two meals while in Vegas and don't need a big breakfast).

The VIP Check in is simply a few VIP lines that are on the far left end of the main check in area (they are located closer to Julian Serrano). The VIP lines are generally far shorter than the regular check in lines (of course depending on factors like time of day or number of reservations agents on duty).

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would check in at Aria on the VIP check in line in the main area. You would not be able to check in at the Sky Suite check in unless you were staying in a Sky Suite, no matter what level your card is. At Bellagio, Suite guests have private VIP check in areas that are hidden - there is one behind a closed door near the main check in area and there is another that is through a door closer to Noodles that leads back to the guest elevators that only stop at the Suite floors. Both of those Bellagio VIP areas have free Wi-Fi, complimentary beverages and snacks etc.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Invited Guest line is the same one that you would use for Gold/Platinum MLife check in.

10. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone, that's why I love this board!:beer:

11. MarkDC

MarkDC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Mlife...Gold/Platinum check in: At the Bellagio, Mirage, NY-NY, and ARIA you would check-in at the "Invited Guest" line. At Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, and Luxor you would check-in at the "VIP" line (VIP is a separate room for Monte Carlo, not sure about MB or Luxor). At the MGM Grand and Excalibur you would check-in at the "M life" line.

12. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VIP is a separate room at both Mandalay Bay and THEHotel at MB. However in addition to checking you in and out it only offers coffee, tea, water and soft drinks and they close around midnight.

13. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where do I find the VIP room in TheHotel? Can any MLife Gold check in there?

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a glassed-in office are to the left of the main front desk.

I've had 3 host-arranged stays at MB/TheHotel. The first was at TheHotel, and my host said I could check in at VIP services.

The second was at MB, my host didn't say anything about VIP, but I went to the MB VIP office and got checked in and got an awesome suite.

The third was at TheHotel, host didn't say anything about VIP, but I went there anyway. The guy in the VIP office said I was supposed to check in at the regular desk, but since there was nobody else waiting in VIP, he checked me in.

So it's a little fuzzy, I think if you're on a comp, you can always use the Invited Guest check in (if there is one), but using VIP (at least at MB/TheHotel), there's some flag on your reservation.

I don't think your MLife level has anything directly to do with it. I'm Platinum, and on the last trip, the guy in VIP probably would have kicked me out if there had been anybody else waiting.

15. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Chuck!

16. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In addition to what Chuck said you can find out if you are suppose to go to VIP or invited by just asking via the VIP marketing phone number. Of course THEHotel doesn't have a invited guest line like the rest of the M-life properties just the regular registration line and the VIP room. Interesting enough unlike the other M-Life properties where you can use normal registration even if qualified for VIP, when I tried last trip to use regular registration at THEHotel because there was no line they told me I had to go to the VIP room because they had my keys ready for me. So if you are suppose to check in at VIP at THEHotel you definitely want to know that ahead of time as I would hate to stand in a line and find out once you are in front they can't check you in!

17. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the Luxor:

Apparently the VIP lounge is only checking in Platinum and above now for some reason; I would think this could depend if you have a host or not too. There is a place for MLife checkin/checkout located where the main registration is.. just off to the left of the bell desk if memory serves me right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.