1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker VP noob

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by piper72, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piper72

piper72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I want to try playing some VP this coming trip to PH in late november.

I have been practicing on the computer. My favorites are JoB and double bonus. I prefer double bonus because of the 40ak payouts.

Is it better to play JoB because of the payout on two pair being better over the long run?

Also what are good limits to start at-say if I am putting 100 into the machine

do they sell VP stragey cheat cards in vegas?

2. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

3. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer DDB, higher payoff for 4ok. You'll probably want the .25 machines if you're just putting in $100.
    They don't have the best pay tables on the strip though.

4. Vegasvics

Vegasvics Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure that you could get a million different views on what the best strategy is. I typically play DDB most of the time, since it hurts too much to hit 4 aces while playing JOB. However, I play $1 for 8-10 hours a day. I typically find that there are lots of cold swings where I switch back to JOB to try to rebuild my credits stake on 2 pair payout diff. You always want to try to find the best payout table possible. Good luck

5. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither DDB or JOB are really 'better' than the other. You get to shop around for the best paytables on either. The difference is one of volatility. As you're getting the 2-1 pay on two pair this will help you lose less in JOB and lose more in DDB, but the bonuses on various 4OAK makes the wins bigger in DDB. Simply speaking, the swings are bigger in DDB.

A great program that will give you the precise strategy for any game with any paytable (the paytable CAN change the best strategy on the same game) is TomSki's VP Strategy Master. This is not a game you play against, it calculates and prints out the correct strategy for any game. http://www.zamzone.com . The WinPoker you'll see at that same site is one of the best play-against programs; again, you can play almost any game.

If you're willing to risk $100 at a sitting, you almost certainly can afford to be playing 0.25 VP, ($1.25 per spin).

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wizard of odds has all the paytables and some free playable practice games. It's a great resource if you really want to learn VP.

7. CIrvine

CIrvine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at Planet Hollywood this weekend, but playing 10/7 DB at the Palms and 9/6 JoB at the Gold Coast.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.