1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ahhh..Can.not.wait

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ButterflyMtn, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went this past August and won't go until the summer next year and I can.not. wait. I told my husband I should go twice a year but he's not to keen on the idea (not a Vegas lover...I know, dude just doesn't understand) Seriously having withdrawals since Vegas is my happy place, talk about it and think abo it it all the time ...I love all the trip reports on here, so I will continue reading those and posting until I book my next trip...hope time flies!

2. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with you. And while my next trip is very close, I know what you mean about constantly thinking about it. Sometimes I feel myself wishing time would pass faster so I can get to the day of my next trip. I then realize, I am wishing my life away, LOL, and that time goes so fast as is. But I still wish it was today that I was going LOL. Hang in there, it will be next summer before you know it!

3. angilynny

angilynny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 2 weeks and 1 day and can't wait either!!
    I have Vegas plans fall through 2 times and was set on not going. Until a few of my girlfriends and I put a trip together 6 weeks ago.

4. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im the same way !

my trip in new years weekend !

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always flabbergasted by women who hook themselves up with lesser men than themselves (i.e. straight girls who hook up with thugs, drug users, criminals...etc.) but this I just don't understand! How can you get yourself mixed up with a non Vegas lover!! Oh the horrors! :wink2:

Oh, and twice a year just isn't enough. Even at 3 times a year the wife and I find ourselves jonseing for more.

I'm so with you though, the stories on this board help soo much. It's like our own little support group.

6. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tbone, I'm with you...I feel like I'm wishing my life away too!

I prefer to look at it like this, though: My real life is the one I live when I'm in Vegas and everything in between is just filler. That is kinda sad to think that way about your own life but I just can't help it!

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait? Hell! We can't wait 'til December and we still have 5 1/2 days to go on this trip!

8. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep, two weeks for me and its all I can think about!

9. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip was a one time deal....trade show and mini vacation to LV which I had only been exposed to in movies and on TV. First, I learned more than I had ever imagined at the trade show and felt that if I could learn half as much the next time it would be worth a revisit. Secondly, I learned the value of networking. Thirdly, I learned that buying at the trade shows could actually pay for, or most of the cost of attending, and then you write it off as a tax deduction; I love double dipping!

The surprise was that though I really have little desire to travel, I loved LV. It is a big city that is easy to get around in, offers fine dining, theater, art, headliners, street art, concerts and so much more, regardless of what it is that you enjoy. It changes so much from year to year that it is like a different place when you return. I have taken my kids one at a time when they were in HS for some 1 on 1 time with dad, and in between trips, I check in here daily for tips on new things to see and do and learned how to get the most bang out of my bucks while on the next trip. The forum keeps our sanity in between trips (thank you, Sonya) and I makes notes and put them in a folder. I am booked for trip 19; I have my plane tickets, my reservations and my bus passes, and now I will start looking for some theater tickets and making my list of places to go, things to see and do from my notes. I have also made friends from all over the country that also attend the trade show and we enjoy meeting annually, often dining out together. I think as I have more time (I don't like the word retire) available, it may be 2 or 3 trips a year. Funny thing is that I wouldn't want to live there but I sure do enjoy visiting. Butterfly, I feel your pain!

Jimbo338

10. Boosty16

Boosty16 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hear ya! What the wife and I do is book our next trip either while in Vegas during our trip or the day we get back! We will be there just before Xmas and will book our next trip for either Feb or April! :drunk:

11. Blackstars81

Blackstars81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO Going to Las Vegas is like using a drug, when youre not there you jones for it, but when you are there your whole body feels high (natural high of course).

12. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

ITA, seems like VMB is our Vegas Anonymous group *stands up* " Hi, my name is Butterflymtn and I've Ben Vegas "sober" for almost 90days"

13. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I will stand up as well... I go in March and cannot wait.

14. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 weeks from today. It has been over a year since my last trip.

15. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I'm falling off the wagon in APRIL! My boss (yes, boss) and I are planning a Vegas trip, we both live Vegas and are friends outside of work. Yes, so awesome!

16. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess i'll stand up as well. I will be there in17 days and its all i can think about.
    i'm scanning this board a couple of times per day as well as other

sites.

I need a vacation from my vacations
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.